Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:52:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: F13.net Spawns a Mobile Wallet Burning Kid Brother 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: F13.net Spawns a Mobile Wallet Burning Kid Brother  (Read 7704 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: October 18, 2006, 02:09:48 AM

F13.net Spawns a Mobile Wallet Burning Kid Brother

So, if you're anything like us, you walk into a store every week and forget what you wanted to buy. Especially if you've forgotten to preorder. No more! I've taken it upon myself to put together a no-frills mobile site made to be pulled up on cell phones. So point those cell phones and blackberries and sidekicks and other techy toys at nvg.mobi. You'll get this weeks releases and the next 2 weeks' releases (for preordering) - updated every Sunday. Never has it been so easy to remind yourself how you shouldn't be spending money.

It's in a very raw form right now, but I figured I should get *something* up before the October/November rush. So there it is. Expect it to change quite a bit over the next few weeks. Enjoy.

And yes, nvg stands for "New Video Games." One last thing, in case you haven't noticed, the f13 forums work 100% perfectly from mobile devices. Just point the browser at forums.f13.net.
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 02:16:46 AM

Cool now if only the front page would work better on Windows Mobile.

Rather
than
this.

vex
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 02:19:02 AM

Did I say go to the frontpage? I do have plans for a mobile version of it, but it's at the bottom of the list. No one wants to read 5,000 word + articles on a cell phone screen.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 06:00:27 AM

I do.

No I don't.

Good idea on the mobile site.  Well done, good sir.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 06:11:54 AM

I've got another site in the works for dvds. I'm gonna try and do something a little different with it though.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 07:31:30 AM

I have not checked the forums from the Shitberry recently.  Good job.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 10:37:56 AM

Excellent. I've been waiting for a good new-releases site to come along since Gone Gold declined into obscurity.

One thing though; you may want to reverse the position of the forward/back buttons. Pointing to the right usually means Forward for LTR languages, whereas nvg.mobi uses it to go back in time. Edit: need coffee. nevermind.
vex
Terracotta Army

Smock, turban, latex gloves and rubber slippers.

Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 01:10:16 PM

Don't get me wrong I like it, it's pretty handy.  I'll read those articles on my phone and look forward that update as well.   I also think the mobile forums are pretty slick though logging in is a pain so I never bother.

vex
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 01:13:24 PM

I logged in once about 6 months ago. Haven't needed to log in again.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: F13.net Spawns a Mobile Wallet Burning Kid Brother  
Jump to: