Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:07:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Zombie Post: Oct release notes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Zombie Post: Oct release notes  (Read 9850 times)
Xilren's Twin

on: October 12, 2006, 05:32:18 AM

Turbine has been slowly adding the sorts of worldy bits they did not have at release.  The set of notes includes PvP, auction house and open adventure areas and some respec of feats.  For any of you who care :)

We have been busy developing a lot of great new features and content for our October release, some of which you have already heard about, some of which you have not. More in-depth articles will be coming in the following weeks, to fill you in on things you may see or run across in your play this weekend.

Because this is a very early preview of the Demon Sands content, there are a lot of pieces that are still under development. Which means we are able to take your feedback into account as we finish polishing this content, so please be sure to let us know what you think about our new features!

You should check out the following new stuff:
Player versus Player combat
We have made two kinds of Player versus player content. You can jump into the Tavern Brawl pit in many of the taverns to enjoy free-for-all battle that doesn’t take any time to start and costs you nothing to play.
You can also play in our fighting arenas, where parties are assembled and pit against each other in different spaces to test your ingenuity and combat expertise.
Spells have been tailored to be more PvP friendly, but use a different pathway than the same spells when you are playing in a normal dungeon with your party. So, for instance, Curse is different in PvP and won’t apply to your normal dungeon play.
New Level Cap, Levels 11 and 12
We’ve added two new levels (ten new ranks) that let you select from an all new batch of spells, feats, and enhancements!
Sands of Menechtarun Adventure Area
There is a new area for players to explore, full of wild Gnoll tribes and dangerous demon enemies. The Sands of Menechtarun are filled with dungeons and adventures for high level characters. There are 12 new dungeons that culminate in a raid battle with the evil Marilith - can you defeat her and free the desert from her influence?
Auction House
Visit the new Auction Houses to buy and sell treasure with other players.
New Treasure

We’ve added a bunch of new treasure effects - you can find them in most dungeons level 5 or above.
Feat Re-speccing

Not happy with the feat you chose? No problem - find the Mindflayer NPC in House Jorasco (we call him Fred) and give him a dragonshard (they can appear in any level-appropriate chest) and some gold and he will help you switch your feats.
Control Customization

You can now reassign the function of your mouse buttons - customize them through the Options Panel (Ctrl-O).
More Solo Content

There is now a Solo option for 3 more dungeons in the Market and 4 dungeons in Deneith.
Stormreach Port Renovation

We’ve adjusted the starting experience slightly - more changes will be coming before we release this module, so let us know what you like and don’t like about our new player experience.
Regen In City

The magic of Eberron has been harnessed to allow players to slowly regenerate health and spell points anywhere in the city.
New Emotes

We have created new emotes for players, and player taunts for PvP.
Buy/Sell Interface Improvement

You can now lock your favorite items (click on the lock icon in the left corner of your inventory when you have an item selected) to prevent yourself from ever selling them inadvertently. You can also batch items for selling or buying, and do the transaction all at once.
Unlocking Additional Stat Points

There are two additional total favor rewards. You can unlock the ability to create characters that have 32 stat points to spend, and you can also unlock access to +2 Tomes that increase your stat points on your current character. They are very high level though, so you’ll have to work hard to get them.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:42:44 AM

I am still waiting for the year mark to join if its still around.  Looks like they may have a good amount of content by then.

"Me am play gods"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:59:52 AM

Looks like it might evolve into a WoW clone by then.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 10:48:01 AM

Having the respec done by a mindflayer (who I assume grabs your head and rewires your brain with the new knowledge) is a nice touch.   cheesy

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 10:58:35 AM

Arena PvP sounds like it might be fun. Not fun enough to subscribe, but interesting nonetheless.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Dungeons & Dragon Online  |  Topic: Zombie Post: Oct release notes  
Jump to: