Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:21:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner  (Read 3222 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: October 11, 2006, 01:37:32 PM

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner

I suppose the only way to start a discussion about this game is to talk about how it isn't Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. Nocturne being one of the longest, most brutal RPGs that I, or anyone I know, has ever played. See, Nocturne was a lesson in pain. A deathwalk through a giant world. An education in pointless conversation. It was long, it was obnoxious, and most importantly, it hated the player. Nocturne didn't want you to play. It constantly wanted you to be either confused by the mechanics or struck silent by the lack of direction. It was a game that wanted you to experience it. One of those games that even hardcore RPG fans put down. I know this because I heard, time and time again, "Ya know, I've already stopped playing Nocturne. That shit was brutal."

And they're right.

» Read More
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 01:43:41 PM

You used BBCode to italicize at the end of the review there, you'll need <> thingies instead.

Otherwise, good review. I'm interested.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 02:00:18 PM

It sounds somewhat interesting. My biggest knock on the game is that the graphics, particularly the backgrounds, look very...brown.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3 on: October 11, 2006, 02:22:08 PM

Sounds interesting, but I think Enchanted Arms broke JRPS for me for the forseable future.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner  
Jump to: