Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:29:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: PS3 Preorder Info: File This Under "Kotaku Will Print Anything" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PS3 Preorder Info: File This Under "Kotaku Will Print Anything"  (Read 5518 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: October 09, 2006, 04:18:17 PM

PS3 Preorder Info: File This Under \"Kotaku Will Print Anything\"

Just got a call from my local games dealer (i.e. Gamestop Manager). Contrary to the wildly popular story printed by Kotaku. Here's how it works.

1. Preorders begin tomorrow. $50 down.
2. Gamestops can hold up to two for employees.
3. Gamestop Employees are as broke as people get, so I suspect you could work something out with them. Ever heard of slipping someone a 20?

Anyway, it's first come first serve. So get your ass to a parking lot, tubby. Oh, and if you buy one to Ebay it, I hope you get violated by a clown.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 04:29:56 PM

Anyway, it's first come first serve. So get your ass to a parking lot, tubby. Oh, and if you buy one to Ebay it, I hope you get violated by a clown.

Based on their launch lineup, I can't imagine another reason to preorder one.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 04:30:59 PM

Based on their launch lineup, I can't imagine another reason to preorder one.

Heh. Kinda true. Ridge Racer?
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 05:11:10 AM

Wow.

http://tinyurl.com/me58e

Not a bad ROI.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 06:42:37 AM

EB just sent an email saying the down is $100 and you're not guaranteed a launch PS3 if you preorder. Whee!
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 07:09:02 AM

The odds of getting a PS3 are so mind boggingly low and Sony has destroyed my confidence so much I have trouble caring about how to preorder it.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
damijin
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 07:16:10 AM

Just had a chat with my mate who manages a Gamestop in Harrisburg, he told me that Kotaku's numbers sound about right, as far as how many units they'll be receiving. His store is taking 8 pre-orders for PS3s today. Eight.

Better get your ass to the store in a real hurry!

(just another fun fact, he says he gets about 4 questions about wii pre-orders for every 1 question about ps3)
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 02:57:49 PM

Im so NOT getting a PS3 at launch. There is absolutly no reason.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 04:25:48 PM

Bah, Gamestop Canada is not taking pre-orders.

The girl at the store looked so crestfallen when I asked about the PS3 preorder.  Apparently she had spent the first ten minutes after the store opened beating back the unwashed masses with nothing more than an email from head office and her shrill voice.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 11:35:48 PM

Maybe they jumped the gun on those pre-orders a little:

October 30, 2006 - What's worse than 100,000 units at launch? How about 80,000? The Nikkei Keizai Shimbun morning edition reports today that due to component shortages, Sony will have only 80,000 units ready for the PS3's 11/11 Japanese launch. This cuts back by a fifth the initial launch target of 100,000.

The lack of digits in that number is even more staggering when you consider that the PS2 sold out of nearly a million units when it launched back in March of 2000.

Having lived through a few weeks of attempting to obtain a PS3 pre-order, we're not too surprised by the lowered shipping numbers. Allocations disappeared quickly at online retailers that were brave enough to start pre-order programs. The online arm of media retailer Tsutaya ran out of units in 6 minutes according to Nikkei (it felt more like 1 minute to us).

Major electronics chains like Yodobashi Camera won't be taking pre-orders, Nikkei reports, so there's only one option left: line up the day before launch. Although with fewer units to go around, we're considering getting in line starting from the week prior.

Ok, so far this only affects Japan, but don't be surprised if Sony doesn't quite hit the 400,000 mark that they expect to ship to NA.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: PS3 Preorder Info: File This Under "Kotaku Will Print Anything"  
Jump to: