Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:03:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What's wrong with this game? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What's wrong with this game?  (Read 35339 times)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #175 on: January 12, 2007, 12:45:01 PM

I'm waiting for an MMO with a tekken style figthing system.  Get rid of levels all together and depend on player ability.  Don't think that has retention because people will master it too quick?  BS.  The longevity comes from competition.

I imagine latency is the reason we haven't seen such a thing yet.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #176 on: January 12, 2007, 03:51:17 PM

I'm waiting for an MMO with a tekken style figthing system.  Get rid of levels all together and depend on player ability.  Don't think that has retention because people will master it too quick?  BS.  The longevity comes from competition.

I think that will appeal to a diffrent crowd entirely, I'm not saying it wouldn't be good but I wouldn't bet on the majority of the MMORPG gamers going for it.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #177 on: January 12, 2007, 04:17:11 PM

I think that will appeal to a diffrent crowd entirely, I'm not saying it wouldn't be good but I wouldn't bet on the majority of the MMORPG gamers going for it.

I guess it depends how you do it.  I think that perhaps part of the "I'm too old for twitch" syndrome is that twitch is associated with FPS play as well as console play.  If you could make the combos similar to square, square, circle (or whatever they may be on a console) in opeation, but do it on the keyboard somehow...or with mouse gestures...I don't know I can see how it could be made to feel less twitchy.  I can't, however, come up with a good design idea for how to do it besides the idea of transparency.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: What's wrong with this game?  
Jump to: