Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:03:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: I got pwned by EA 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I got pwned by EA  (Read 970 times)
trotski
Terracotta Army

on: October 04, 2006, 04:18:41 PM

So I after all the good things I hear about BF2, I finally buck up and get a decent vid card, and go buy BF2.  I play it a few times, and try to hook up with Wayabvpar online, for some n00b pwning....instead I got pwned. 

After the 4th time playing I kept getting an error message stating that it can't connect to the game servers...ok, that's fine maybe the servers are down, I'll try tomorrow. (I made sure I was caught up on patches and shit). Tomorrow comes, same result.  This goes on for a few days, when I finally call Tech Support.  They tell me that my product key likely got hijacked, and that I should take the game back to Gamestop.  I go back to Gamestop, and they (understandably) tell me to get lost, as they do not do that for PC games, and tell me to call EA. 

I call EA again, and explain my situation again.  This time I ask to talk to a manager...'ok sir, please hold'...45 minutes later, I'm still waiting.  Thank god it was a Sunday and there was football on, or I would have seriously considered killing myself.  I hang up. Anyway, now I am super pissed.  I have been advised to write a letter to EA cc'ing the BBB and the Attorney General's office, which I plan on doing.  I'm only out $50, but jesus, I am seriously considering never buying another EA product if this is how they treat their customers, especially when  obviously their security leaves something to be desired.

Any other suggestions?

Xbox live: trotski44
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 04:23:49 PM

I would try EA until I got to talk to someone in charge. If you used the key online and then they allowed it to be used again somewhere else, that seems to put them at fault. Not that they would ever admit it, but if you holler enough they might give you a new key to placate you so they can get back to trying to find shoes to fit their goat hooves.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 04:28:19 PM

Try calling EA again.

My latest EA gripe is that I'm on some sort of C&C email mailing list I never signed up for. To unsubscribe through their Web site requires filling in an email address *and* a birthdate which of course I never entered, instead of just using some unique URL key like most other reputable companies. The only other way to unsubscribe is to write them a letter but I'm afraid if I do that I'll be add to their junk mail mailing list and to cancel *that* would require entering an email address on a Web page and I'll be stuck in some sort of infinite loop.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: I got pwned by EA  
Jump to: