Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:26:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: IDP. Still in existence? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IDP. Still in existence?  (Read 4906 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

on: July 19, 2004, 04:44:17 PM

Does anyone know if this old Waterthread project is still alive? Or did it die in the massive earthquake of '04?

If anyone's curious about what the hell I'm talking about, it was an old WT attempt at creating a large scale NWN module.

Just curious since I'm about to start making an NWN module and if instead I could contribute on this project I'd rather try that.  If not, I guess I'll either go ahead and make my film noir NWN module or Kurisawa tribute module (based roughly on Yojimbo).

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 07:01:42 PM

IIRC - IDP, which I was a member of during it's final days, was a super sekrit forum where someone would pop their head up and say 'is anyone out there' once every month or so. We were thinking of doing one here, but there's just no reason to do it, especially after we realized innovation wasn't happening in the MMOG market. I'll talk with Joe about it this week...possibly...maybe.
Rasix

Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 08:27:06 PM

Maybe I'm confusing what the IDP was.  

I was thinking of the NWN development thingie.  Not the thing where we try independent mmorpg devs' games.  

Now I'm certain I was wrong. Damn.

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 08:33:00 PM

There was a thread started about a month before the forum turned to stupid that was a discussion of possibly making an NWN module, yes. Do I know what came of that? No. But I'm pretty sure the people involved were split between the two appropriate sites.
Rasix

Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 08:45:14 PM

Bummer. I remember there actual being a web site for it and everything. (was interested but at the time didn't want to buy NWN)

Ohh well, if the split didn't kill it then I'm sure apathy would have.

-Rasix
Cuular
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 20, 2004, 03:49:52 PM

Maybe you were thinking of the CEP (Community Expansion Project)
located here? http://nwn.bioware.com/players/cep.html
Rasix

Reply #6 on: July 23, 2004, 02:05:04 PM

Nope. Wasn't thinking of that.  I'll be sure to remember to download the CEP once I start working on my module though if I even start it.  Hearing about Dragon Age has slowed me down some and the fact that I never knew that the scripting language is motherfucking C++.

-Rasix
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 02:12:05 PM

The project you're thinking of was started by Pig Destroyer and picked up by a few of us including me, Dawn Falcon, Jon Carver (who hosted the messageboard) and a few others.

It died a slow death over the few months after its start due to lack of interest - as these things often do.  A few people around might still have the code they wrote. I think we got partially through one single player proof-of-concept type module.

Witty banter not included.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 17, 2004, 10:41:39 PM

You mean this. I built areas 1-10 but wasn't enough enthralled with the story line to bother finishing the module on my own after everyone else went MIA.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Game Design/Development  |  Topic: IDP. Still in existence?  
Jump to: