Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 12:31:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: more Kali devblogs 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: more Kali devblogs  (Read 8921 times)
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

on: September 27, 2006, 01:42:45 PM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=382
http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=383

Invention requires research points from research agents.

They're thinking 10 deadspace signatures (complexes, gas clouds, random encounters) per system.

Scanning is teh new sex.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 03:39:08 PM

I hope they refresh deadspace spots more often than twice a week. Otherwise, you can forget getting anything but the lamest encounters anywhere in Empire (that isn't Solitude) once the farmers figure out if and how much money you can make off 'em.

Daily refreshes would be very nice.

I'll RTFA when I get home, but do they mention if/how the stake-a-claim system they mentioned back at E3 will work?
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 03:49:04 PM

Looks good - I guess a lot of us are on hiatus until the Kali 1 release. If they release what they are talking about there should be plenty of new toys to try out.

I'll be getting back to my regular work schedule in a couple of weeks, so I'll be playing more at that time.

I don't see any mention of when the refreshes will occur ..

- Viin
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 01:42:37 PM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=384

Specifically the research points are used to purchase Datacores, which are used to fuel Invention on a particular T1 BPC. Presumably the datacores can also be sold just like T2 production components. The Datacores are always destroyed regardless of whether the invention works. You have to have Encryption skills in addition to the Invention skill in order to invent stuff.

Also, when you do some Invention on a T1 BPC that has more than one T2 equivalent (Rifter -> Wolf/Jaguar), the T2 BPC you get is selected randomly. That kinda sucks.

It really does sound like you can Invent a WCS2.
Yoru

Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 02:40:29 PM

Try it! WCS2 == Money hats.
WayAbvPar

Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 03:24:05 PM

So, will this allow mutliple inventions of the same item? It would be cool if there were some randomization to the final product, with small differences in each invented item.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 28, 2006, 04:41:13 PM

The randomization is in the BPC: chance of getting a BPC, number of copies it has, material efficiency, etc. The items produced are all regular T2 items. No faction production, though you can use a named or faction item as fuel. Not sure why anyone would do that, unless a single gistii MWD leads to a 100% chance of 100 T2 MWD or something equally ridiculous.

A T1 BPC is consumed each time you try to Invent something. You can go on Inventing as long as you have fuel: BPCs, T1 version of the item in question, and Datacores.
WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 04:46:04 PM

Bah that sucks. It would be really cool if each invention was somehow unique- more or less mins to build it, slightly different effects/power, etc. Even tiny tweaks would make it really interesting, especially if they added using named/faction equipment as the base. If they are going to all the trouble of totally revamping the research area, it would be nice if they really jazzed it up.

Also- does this mean there will be T2 battleships? Spendy way to attempt research, but they would kick major ass!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 08:11:08 PM

That's what SWG had, random unique-ness per item crafted - but because of it, they had massive DB problems to keep track of them all.

- Viin
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 10:13:49 AM

No, you can only Invent stuff that has a T2 equivalent already.
WayAbvPar

Reply #10 on: September 29, 2006, 10:35:08 AM

Double boo.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: September 29, 2006, 02:00:05 PM

No, you can only Invent stuff that has a T2 equivalent already.

Well, will it be possible to invent stuff that has a T2 equivalent in the database, but not yet released through the lottery?
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: September 29, 2006, 03:03:40 PM

Quote from: Oveur
A couple of assumptions here which I'll shed some light on.

* Exploration sites move around all the time

* Invented BPCs are negative ME/PE and you work your way up, you don't start at 0

* If someone won a Tech 2 BPO, the RPs are emptied, so if you haven't won but someone else has, you have the advantage. If you are a researcher, you now have a choice, get datacores for your own research for RP or keep on trucking while waiting for the lottery

* Everybody can participate. This is simpler than it looks and people tend to forget that there is a market in EVE where you are able to buy the materials and tools you are unable to get yourself otherwise. This is actually one of the bigger points here, promote interaction.

* Alliances ruling the world and all that. As previously shown, Exploration is roaming and is in all the universe. It still scales, so lower down there is more chance of a higher reward, but there is always a chance, albeit very slim in high sec. A lot of effort was put into 0.4-0.1 especially.
Quote from: Hammer
To answer the question about what you can and can't invent. If there exists a tech 2 module (meta level 5) and the blueprint to build that module in the database and the chance of reverse engineering is higher than 0.0 then you will be able to invent BPCs for that module. The reciprocal to that is that if either no module or blueprint exist or the chance is 0.0 then you won't be able to invent it.

They're being deliberately cagey about which unseeded modules can be Invented, but I'm thinking the answer is "some".
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 03:06:30 PM

Oveur specifically mentioned CPR2 as being a good candidate for invention. They haven't commented on people's requests for info on other modules, except to say they're still thinking through the cloak situation.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 10, 2006, 01:43:52 PM

Asteroid belts as hidden environments - Exploration

Moving all static asteroid belts Exploration gameplay, a hidden environment model, where you explore to find the asteroid belts. This would also result in the asteroid belts moving into our Complex or (Dungeon) authoring system meaning more variety and danger can be authored into them. All ships would then have a native system scanner, worth crap (can't find ships or anything like that) and could find the basic veldspar belts almost anywhere, while better belts require better equipment - and of course to be in a region which actually has better ore quaility (This is NOT an Arkanor in Empire feature). Incidentally, this could further mess with macro's too.
Not from the devblogs, but rather from the In Development notes. It sounds good to me. It's on the same page as Rigs, so hopefully this is a Kali1 feature.
WayAbvPar

Reply #15 on: October 10, 2006, 01:59:30 PM

Ooh that sounds cool! Especially if it makes the better Empire ores harder to find without training- that would cut down on the hordes of AFK farmers. At least until they get trained (which would take money and time).

Yoru

Reply #16 on: October 10, 2006, 02:25:38 PM

Makes me glad I've got some scanner skills since I'll have covetors in a few days and be able to pilot (although not afford) an exhumer sometime next week. Better pump my scanner skills up after that, I guess.

I do hope this means we could at least find some Jaspet in 0.5 space on occasion though.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 12:23:23 PM

I think that belts aren't yet going to be moved to exploration with Kali 1.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 06:10:41 AM

Kali 1 was supposed to go on the test server ten minutes ago, by the way. (I'm at work, so I can't check :))

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 02:45:33 PM

None of the new content will be in, you won't be able to get the new ships, or get into the new regions.  But I'm not sure if that includes the stuff for Exploration.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 05:18:18 AM

So where'd all this come from, then?  wink

Tier 2 BC:
Descriptions
Attributes
Fitting

Tier 3 BS:
Descriptions
Attributes
Fitting

Screenshot thread at EVE-O.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 10:56:58 AM

You can get the Info dialogs off the market, but you can't buy the ships or their blueprints.  There's a limited tester group that has access, but otherwise, no.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 12:48:48 PM

More screenshots, including some of the new skills & requirements ...

http://www.eve-files.com/media/corp/vortik/

edit button addict.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 01:56:32 PM

I just subscribed to EVE off one of my trial accounts; how do I get on the test server? The EVE website wasn't terribly clear on the matter.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 02:50:55 PM

I don't think you can; they copy the user database from the live server to the test server every so often (last was Oct 10 I think), so only accounts that exist on Live can log on to Test.

Otherwise it's a matter of making a copy of the EVE folder, patching the copy with the TEST build version, and picking the test server from the logon menu.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 03:02:01 PM

Okay, thanks.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 26, 2006, 06:40:00 AM

Something which I've learnt today (but has probably been mentioned elsewhere already): The "50% armour/shield boost" with Kali 1 is only going to be a 50% increase for tech1 ships. Tech2s are only going to get an approx 25%-30% hp increase.

That, combined with the 'balance changes' of T2 ammo, will make some interesting changes to the game as T2 stuff is being indirectly nerfed...to a certain extent.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 26, 2006, 08:23:10 AM

If they are nerfing T2 stuff I hope they bump up the insurance coverages.

- Viin
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #28 on: October 27, 2006, 07:23:56 AM

They are pretty serious about slowing the pace of combat it seems.  Fine with me, being an industrialist and therefore on the receiving end of weaponry more often than not.  But then I suppose it will take longer for my drones to down my enemies.  Bleh.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: November 01, 2006, 03:13:54 PM

Whoa, check out the super sexy 1500s shield recharge rate on the Maelstrom. That's about 25 hp/s with maxed skills and no mods.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: November 01, 2006, 03:17:55 PM

Whoa, check out the super sexy 1500s shield recharge rate on the Maelstrom. That's about 25 hp/s with maxed skills and no mods.
I aspire to one day fitting my pod into a T2 ship. Of any sort.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: November 02, 2006, 04:19:46 AM

I still want T2 shuttles.  cheesy

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: November 03, 2006, 05:46:22 PM

Rumor is that Warp to 0 is on test.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: November 04, 2006, 11:24:40 AM

Official forums have multiple accounts of warp to 0 on test. Apparently autopilot still warps to 15. And warp to options look like 0, 10, 20, 30... now.
TheDreamr
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: November 04, 2006, 11:42:21 AM

Perfect warp to 0, or warp to 0 +/- variance?

I would look on the eve forums but i really dont feel like subjecting myself to crap I know will be in any warp to 0 thread.

edit button addict.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: more Kali devblogs  
Jump to: