Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:31:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: This is the Shadowbane forum, right? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: This is the Shadowbane forum, right?  (Read 4923 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: September 27, 2006, 01:12:36 PM

HUGE UPDATE!

Play2Crash.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 03:56:45 PM

Wait...what? Update? I admit I haven't been keeping tabs on SB lately, but they're still updating it?

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 09:29:44 PM

Some changes that went in:

* removed all stacking run buffs in hopes of improving lag - now everybody is slower and just as laggy. Problem is that not everyone was slowed down equally and snare/root mechanics were not adjusted.
* added A LOT of damage absorbers trying to bring more mages into play - this resulted in healers equivalent classes (i.e. healer channies, healer doomies) getting damage absorbers and becoming A LOT harder to kill
* removed /tar and blue dots - intention was to slow down large fights and to give glass classes a bit more chances in a large fight. It ended up brining stacks back in force and made numbers even more important

Overall - poorly planned, too amny things thrown in at once Grade A train wreck. Sadly Ashen is nowhere nearly as good designer as he was community manager.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 04:24:43 AM

HUGE UPDATE!

Play2Crash.

Hur hur hur.

post count plus one!  Stop talking smack about my ex-gf!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 02:17:18 AM

* removed /tar and blue dots - intention was to slow down large fights and to give glass classes a bit more chances in a large fight. It ended up brining stacks back in force and made numbers even more important
Wohoo, time to dust of my AOE channeler :-D

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: This is the Shadowbane forum, right?  
Jump to: