Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:56:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Wizards drops the hammer on MagicCorp 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wizards drops the hammer on MagicCorp  (Read 3233 times)
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

on: September 26, 2006, 07:05:18 PM

Wizards has apparently cancelled all of the sanctioned tournements and events for MagicCorp,  a store/organizer out of Paris.

If you were following the spoilers,  MagicCorp was the French source for alot of the late spoilers and card scans.  It seems that,  when they received the boosters and other materials for the Prerelease,  they went ahead and busted the extra packs, scanned the cards, and put them up on their site.  Thread from MTGSalvation:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=53277

The first post has the reply by the French store.  Lots of amusing replies throughout.  I'll cherry pick some posts later for amusement value.

It seems that the store can no longer buy any Wizards product as well?

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 08:23:13 PM

I'm slightly surprised by the general 'Wizardz suxors' feeling in that thread.  This has been a stated policy for years and years. 
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 08:40:41 PM

If you change Wizards to SOE/Mythic/Blizzard and Magic to SWG/Everquest/DAoC/WoW,  it reads almost like an MMO "I quit" rant thread.

I just can't believe that the anti-Wizards crowd doesn't see the massive amount of advantage to be gained by an online retailer in spoiling a whole set early.  The official Magic site and MTGSpeculation kept crashing from too many logins checking new spoiler information.  Do you think if an online retailer saw that much increase in hits,  it wouldn't lead to a large increase in sales?

The information floating around about the Pro who got banned for 6 months is interesting too.  Apparently, he was shufflling his opponents decks in such a way as to see the cards and guess at what his opponent was playing.  Major no no.

In formats where "naming" cards are legal (Cabal Therapy, Meddling Mage) you now know what cards to name when playing your threats, instead of holding your cards or taking a blind guess.

I think the pro banned was the winner of the 2006 Invitational, which makes it extra funny.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Magic: The Gathering Online  |  Topic: Wizards drops the hammer on MagicCorp  
Jump to: