Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:15:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Adult MMORPG 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Adult MMORPG  (Read 4500 times)
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

on: July 19, 2004, 01:25:34 AM

Found this article while reading Wired
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 03:12:45 AM

Quote from: gimpyone
Found this article while reading Wired

I want to be "Father Rod". What do I get for foregoing all sex? Pent-up frustration, maybe a higher rage and intelligence factor? Doesn't look like they've coded that in. I'd play it if they did, just to see how long I could go on killing and not getting raped. Heh, since there's permadeath (but with the ability to reproduce heirs), then maybe I should be the Jedi of the game.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 07:28:46 AM

Is this one of those situations that if you are not posting, you are probably playing?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 01:44:06 PM

Heard about it weeks ago.  Looks like the game sucks, and not in the fun way.

Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 01:49:37 PM

Yea, sorry man, old news. Without bothering to repeat everything, this is the exact sort of game I want to see crash and burn in fires of unmeasurable temperatures. I don't give a rat's ass what the intent of the game is. It allows crap like what was hilited in the Wired article, it needs to die.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 04:52:58 PM

I didn't go to the website after reading the article.  Some  pervy, crazed voyeur conducting his own unscientific 'social experiment' doesn't deserve my 'hit'.  It makes wonder if these people encourage distressful situations so they can watch.  I have no thoughts, one way or another, about people roleplaying adult sexual situations in MMOGs.  Who cares?  But the fact that someone who roleplays a rape against some unsuspecting victim and isn't immediately banned from the game is just a wee bit sick, isn't it?

HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 05:27:45 PM

Quote from: Signe
But the fact that someone who roleplays a rape against some unsuspecting victim and isn't immediately banned from the game is just a wee bit sick, isn't it?

It's roleplay. After all we play games where we kill tons of peoples every day.

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 08:03:27 PM

I see no difference between this and open PvP games. Both are about giving players control over other players. As PvPers often say "You knew what you were getting into".

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #8 on: July 20, 2004, 06:13:52 AM

It is a bit different, though.  People expect to kill and be killed in an open PvP game but I don't think many expect to be sexually assulted.  I suppose if they advertise that roleplaying rape is ok on their website, just as they probably list open PvP as a feature, then people will know what they're getting themselves in to and have no recourse.  Personally, I think it just sounds nasty and they're asking for trouble.  The game sounds like an 'attractive nusance' and kids will get into this game. The makers would be naive to think otherwise.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #9 on: July 26, 2004, 01:12:25 PM

Corpnews had a link to this shit as well a few weeks ago. I went to the site and looked.

Let's face it... any game with an interface that contains a button that says "Suck Dick" or some reasonable facsimile not only does not deserve my time, it deserves the kinds of players its going to get.

I think Bruce is playing it.

SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 26, 2004, 01:47:24 PM

I wasn't playing it.  I was making a joke about having a level-whatever Pedophile and how the Catholic Priest class was overpowered but it took too long to reach Cardinal.

Bruce
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004, 01:48:55 PM

How sad of a game is it that I completely took your joke as serious?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Adult MMORPG  
Jump to: