Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:22:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation 0 Members and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 1141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Conversation  (Read 3400755 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37975 on: September 27, 2018, 01:50:32 PM

...but wise.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #37976 on: October 02, 2018, 07:53:42 AM

My morning started off fun. A friend of mine got one of those fun blackmail scam emails. On her work email address, where they issue everyone IPads.

You know, the "Oh hey, I have hacked all your devices and stolen all your pictures and turned on your cam while you was masturbating and if you don't send me 700 dollars via bitcoin I'll send them to all your contacts!" ones. Complete with (very outdated) work email and password pair.

She reported it to IT (which I'm sure was fun), and thankfully got told "We've had several reports of this today, no device has been compromised". 

So she's settled down, but apparently that's better than coffee for waking a teacher up in the morning. I let my wife know the scam's floating around in case she gets one.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #37977 on: October 02, 2018, 07:55:59 AM

Christ, that one's so old it's been used as a Black Mirror episode.   why so serious?

I literally don't take anything sent over e-mail seriously anymore.  It's really bothering my leasing company.   why so serious? why so serious?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37978 on: October 02, 2018, 01:08:26 PM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
WayAbvPar

Reply #37979 on: October 02, 2018, 04:28:48 PM

Odds that the phrase 'witch hunt' appears?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #37980 on: October 02, 2018, 04:55:46 PM

On the initial test?  1/10 odds of "witch hunt".  3/10 of a spelling error.

Odds rise SIGNIFICANTLY if they ever set it up so he can do it from his fucking phone at 2am.  Hopefully at least this initial test will be done from a specially authenticated system that he can't access without adult supervision.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #37981 on: October 02, 2018, 08:24:59 PM

He isn't writing it so it will be dry and boring.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37982 on: October 03, 2018, 06:30:49 AM

If you like reading text on your Mac, don't upgrade to Mojave.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #37983 on: October 03, 2018, 09:00:54 AM

If you like reading text on your Mac, don't upgrade to Mojave.
Or buy/upgrade to a Retina display.

Or futz around with the font smoothing/anti-aliasing settings.

http://osxdaily.com/2018/09/26/fix-blurry-thin-fonts-text-macos-mojave/
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37984 on: October 03, 2018, 12:03:54 PM

A couple new bits in that OSXDaily article, thanks.  Will try those tomorrow for general stuff.

Without getting into a ton of details, the iTerm2 3.2.3beta1 made it so I can work today.

I'm using a 4k TV in the office.  This isn't going to change anytime soon.

Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #37985 on: October 03, 2018, 01:25:03 PM

Since the presidential alert test, I have no data service on my phone.  I can make calls, wifi is fine, but no LTE.

AT&T guys say it's a widespread issue.  Yay.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #37986 on: October 03, 2018, 03:15:39 PM

Since the presidential alert test, I have no data service on my phone.  I can make calls, wifi is fine, but no LTE.

AT&T guys say it's a widespread issue.  Yay.

Lol, Trump testing the new blackout the internet feature.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #37987 on: October 03, 2018, 03:19:38 PM

Well great, at least we'll get a message about marshal law in late summer of 2020 and not be surprised by it. why so serious?

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #37988 on: October 03, 2018, 10:09:46 PM

Weird evening. My kid found a stack of letters at the bus stop after school, maybe six months worth. She brought them home because there was nobody around and showed them to me. What she didn't realize is the last letter in the bunch was a suicide note, likely from the last day or two. Apparently at one point there was a debit card and pawn slips attached to the bundle, and all the letters were written from one person to a love interest. The love interest's phone number was in the note, along with what to do with the person's possessions. The person also asked the love interest to take care of their kid.

Luckily the police came pretty fast to the get the letters, hopefully they find the person okay. My kid was a bit shook up though. Very strange evening.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #37989 on: October 04, 2018, 12:44:11 AM

Reminds me of the time that my grandma got a letter from the federal prison in Florence. Apparently a member of the Mexican mafia thought that her dead husband was a leader in the Mexican mafia (same name, same city). It detailed a lot of crap including "we're going to get the rat". Police came and got the letter and explained to the inmate that  they had the wrong person.

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37990 on: October 08, 2018, 08:21:45 AM

So... if you were a girl (and some of you are) and you were about to play a game where there is no female player characters, would you choose to create a character that is as super girly girl looking as you can get?  Or would you choose the burliest, scruffy looking totally male looking character and give it a super girly girl name?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #37991 on: October 08, 2018, 12:53:04 PM

Yes.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37992 on: October 08, 2018, 12:54:03 PM

This does not seem a good use of anyone's time.  Just play the game.

calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #37993 on: October 09, 2018, 02:24:04 AM

So... if you were a girl (and some of you are) and you were about to play a game where there is no female player characters, would you choose to create a character that is as super girly girl looking as you can get?  Or would you choose the burliest, scruffy looking totally male looking character and give it a super girly girl name?

Neither,

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #37994 on: October 09, 2018, 02:28:14 AM

Unless you are specifically trying to call attention to the fact that you are a girl - nothing wrong with that - then just pick a male character with a male name. 

That said, aren't the days where playing a female toon and people actually automatically thinking/hoping you were female IRL in the past?

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #37995 on: October 09, 2018, 05:30:49 AM

Anecdotal story is anecdotal, but I main a female gnome warlock in WoW (because demons and cute, rite?).  Folks are much more ... social towards me than when on a male alt.  Not the oughtright gifts of gold or BOE gear that would happen 10 years ago, but the difference is noticable.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Selby
Terracotta Army

Reply #37996 on: October 09, 2018, 06:43:09 AM

Some women are actually annoyed that they can’t play a female character in a game. It’s a thing.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #37997 on: October 09, 2018, 06:44:40 AM

Some women are actually annoyed that they can’t play a female character in a game. It’s a thing.

I can understand that.  I get annoyed when I have to play a female character in PoE because there is no choice with the archetypes.  It's not a big deal, but it's less than ideal.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #37998 on: October 09, 2018, 07:03:53 AM

I just make a male char and use a male variation of one of my usual char names.  *shrug*

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #37999 on: October 09, 2018, 07:19:36 AM

If I have a female character, its Teleka.   awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #38000 on: October 09, 2018, 06:02:22 PM

Using the name Chlamydia usually keeps creepy interactions to a minimum.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #38001 on: October 15, 2018, 04:27:04 PM

This is half space, half politics, half awesome picture.

A reminder that we are in the 21st century:

A picture,
-  shot by private (commercial) owned earth observation satellite,
-  showing an Italian Navy FREMM frigate,
-  docked in Chinese military Base
-  which is not in China but Djibouti (Africa),
-  which (the ship) is there as part of European Union Combined Task Force 465 (Operation Atlanta).

Isn't that awesome, in a freaky way?

Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #38002 on: October 15, 2018, 05:15:09 PM

The freaky part is when you start thinking how detailed an image taken by a military satellite would be.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #38003 on: October 15, 2018, 05:30:10 PM

The freaky part is when you start thinking how detailed an image taken by a military satellite would be.

Probably something like that:

Only available to the US though. And (although probably a bit worse but close): China now since this August. (Ahead of the Russians)

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #38004 on: October 16, 2018, 12:26:15 PM

Again time for the Associated Builders and Contractors of Georgia Chili Cook-off.  It's a very low-effort event for me, except for the location.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #38005 on: October 16, 2018, 01:29:29 PM

The important question is whether or not it is an orange tux event?

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #38006 on: October 16, 2018, 01:42:46 PM

Been working for the last few months to get the house ready to put up for sale.  It finally goes on sale any minute now which is both exciting and terrifying.  Exciting because I'm ready for a new house and terrifying because... well it may not sell?  I'm hoping all the work I put in pays off and it sells quickly.  If not, idk, stress I guess.  awesome, for real
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #38007 on: October 16, 2018, 02:47:43 PM

I went through that about 3 years ago. Thankfully it sold quickly, but we sure did dump a lot of money and effort into insuring that it did. Nothing quite like replacing almost every lighting fixture in the house, repainting, landscaping, etc et (including a new AC unit  ACK! )

Best of luck.

-Rasix
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #38008 on: October 16, 2018, 06:10:11 PM

Thanks.  And yep, all the same stuff here except the a/c.  Luckily we did the a/c, furnace and roof all within the last 5ish years.  The biggest thing we had to do was replace the cedar siding on one side of the house.  I couldn't find a contractor that would do it any sooner than 6 months out so I ended up just having to do it myself.  It took about 3 weekends plus a few weeknight but it turned out pretty well.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #38009 on: October 17, 2018, 05:57:25 AM

The important question is whether or not it is an orange tux event?

Unfortunately no.  It is held in a covered arena with a dirt floor.

Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 1141 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation  
Jump to: