Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:18:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 ... 1141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Conversation  (Read 3400585 times)
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #37695 on: June 15, 2018, 11:53:29 AM

I knew they were vine plants, but shit I had no idea they were just a smidge smaller than zucchini plants. I now have to figure out where to transplant them. And I rent with little to no yard.

Despite growing them every year, I don't know if they'll climb on their own but you could train them up a trellis without much effort.

I have the room to let them sprawl. As is usual for me I have three lemon cukes planted in what is basically a compost pile of horse/chicken crap mixed with soil and covered with mulch.  it's about 7' long by 4' wide.  They'll totally overrun the space by the end of the summer, except for the end that's taken up by the ginormous rhubarb plant.

The other compost pile of similar size holds just two zucchini, and they generally produce far more than humans can use.

Sky,  I've never had good results with bell peppers.  Jalapenos always do well here, as well as anaheim.  This year I've added poblanos and shishitos.  Not warm enough for any of those to produce yet but they're starting to flower and it's supposed to jump up 10 degrees next week so maybe soon...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 11:57:26 AM by Polysorbate80 »

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #37696 on: June 15, 2018, 03:24:05 PM

I planted the compost pile with pumpkins and butternut squash, and cucumbers along the fence by the lake. They were all running rampant and flowering a week ago, I suspect when I get home at the beginning of August the beavers and muskrats will have eaten everything.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #37697 on: June 19, 2018, 01:38:36 PM

I am in Poland. I do not wish to be.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #37698 on: June 19, 2018, 01:44:14 PM

but with your salary you're almost certainly a god there
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #37699 on: June 19, 2018, 07:49:41 PM

Turns out that panhandle Floridians are sharply divided on mochi candy.  I occasionally bring cookies and/or confectionery to work because I like making them, and decided to throw everyone a curveball this time.  Watching old Southern people's first experience with that texture was both awesome and hilarious.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #37700 on: June 19, 2018, 10:04:43 PM

Be careful, many people choke and a handful die every year in Japan from eating mochi. Wait...
schild
Administrator

Reply #37701 on: June 19, 2018, 10:09:38 PM

instructions unclear

only food now available in the panhandle is mochi

speaking of shitholes
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #37702 on: June 19, 2018, 11:05:17 PM

Lol, where at?  I loved Poland!

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #37703 on: June 19, 2018, 11:37:57 PM

Wloclawek.

This is a strange land indeed.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #37704 on: June 20, 2018, 06:48:26 AM

They have beer though right? How bad can it be?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #37705 on: June 20, 2018, 08:24:45 AM

Pretty fucking terrible.

Met the new wife though.  Glad the old wife ain't here to see that.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #37706 on: June 20, 2018, 08:27:23 AM

Lol, I was only there once, just for an afternoon.  I ran into an actual Native American in the city park, dressed in full Plains Indian war chief gear, selling dream catchers to Polish people.  That was funny and surreal.

Anyways, yes, they have (great) beer and food.  And it costs god damn nothing.  Don't complain!

Actually curious to hear your opinions of the place when you are done.  I spent two years there so I have bias, but always interested to hear others opinions.

Edit:  And yes, I only just barely escaped that place without a wife.  There were several very close candidates, and my last few months there got rather painful.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 08:29:00 AM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #37707 on: June 20, 2018, 08:59:57 AM

I'd say if it was painful, you aren't doing it right. Unless that's what you were going for.  why so serious?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37708 on: June 20, 2018, 09:52:44 AM

I'm moving next Monday.  Verizon has already indian-gived the copper at the new place so I won't have a proper land line.  My sister is FORCING me to get a mobile phone.  FORCING.  She says it's so I can still get calls from doctors and thingies like that.  I'm pretty sure she doesn't care about that and is FORCING me to get one so she can bother me in grocery stores.  So, for the sake of silence, I got one.  I wanted to get some cheap old used piece of shit but, nooooo, I HAVE to have a smart phone.  I think I'm smart enough for both me and my stupid phone.  My sister's voice gets loud and angry when she's defied.  But I still love and respect her.  I still love and respect her.  Love and respect her.  I'll practice more of that later.  I got the almost free one that was on sale so it's $5 a month... hopefully not for the rest of my life.  She stuck me on her plan so it's only $20 one time fee and $10 a month for whatever.  I don't know.  I think that's what she said.  Sometimes my hearing shuts down when people are using their loud voice.

This thing is HUGE.  It's called a MotoZ2 and sometime, for no reason, a sweet sounding woman with an awesome Asian accent says, "Hello, Moto".  It's sweet and I kind of like it.  I wonder how long it'll take me to despise her slimey guts and change her voice to a quack.  Remember now, this is my first phone not just "smart" phone so it'll take forever to sort out anything.  It has pages and pages of apps.  The first thing I learned is how to delete stuff.  That might be as far as I go.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #37709 on: June 20, 2018, 09:56:25 AM

You can turn off the ringer entirely (won’t even vibrate), then you won’t have to worry about your sister bothering you in grocery stores.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #37710 on: June 20, 2018, 12:33:44 PM

Edit:  And yes, I only just barely escaped that place without a wife.  There were several very close candidates, and my last few months there got rather painful.
I'd say if it was painful, you aren't doing it right. Unless that's what you were going for.  why so serious?
Maybe he meant sore.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37711 on: June 20, 2018, 08:26:50 PM

My experience in Poland is only Krakow and the salt mine.  I loved Krakow.  The beer in central Europe is alright (always Urquel, it seems) but the vodka in Poland is great.  I'm not a vodka drinker but I loved it.  Krakow is a college town so that probably flavored my opinion.  The girls seemed potentially cute but I didn't take the time to unwrap one.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37712 on: June 20, 2018, 08:31:01 PM

Speaking of strange lands, I've been in Massachusetts for three whole days without eating any chowder. Unfortunately, everything else they cook here is not as good as the chowder.  Except Vic's Waffle House.  That was great.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37713 on: June 21, 2018, 09:24:33 AM

You are either in Poland drinking vodka and not unwrapping girls or in Massachusetts eating waffles.  You can't be in both places at the same time.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #37714 on: June 21, 2018, 09:48:43 AM

Speaking of strange lands, I've been in Massachusetts for three whole days without eating any chowder. Unfortunately, everything else they cook here is not as good as the chowder.  Except Vic's Waffle House.  That was great.

New England blows.
schild
Administrator

Reply #37715 on: June 25, 2018, 06:50:58 AM

Get to spend a few hours today arguing why my property taxes should be way the fuck lower and it completely hinges on how much the citizen board dislikes bullshit born out of laziness.

This is gonna be thrilling.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #37716 on: June 25, 2018, 08:02:31 AM

I think I'm gonna need a PS4 specifically for Spiderman.  Gods.

schild
Administrator

Reply #37717 on: June 25, 2018, 09:00:33 AM

Oh

You're who the presentation was for, never would've guessed.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #37718 on: June 25, 2018, 09:53:18 AM

Heartbreak

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37719 on: June 25, 2018, 10:58:07 AM

If you are following my Instagram or the linked IG photos on Facebook, it is worth noting that I can't really upload 300 photos at once.  I wait until I get home.  I was in Central Europe back in February and was only there for 10 days despite seeing five countries.  Then I went to NOLA during spring break for 4 days.  I went to Atlanta Botanical Gardens once so far in 2018.  I will probably dig up some more photos from previous trips and post them if they are interesting.

New England blows.

I was occasionally reminded that the gorgeous weather I was experiencing was a fluke.  The first day was rainy and dour.  I later learned why there are fiberglass poles on top of the fire hydrants.

I was able to get some retribution for laughing at my snow competence by guffawing at their notion of high pollen counts.

I have officially had the worst thai food in Massachusetts.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #37720 on: June 25, 2018, 12:22:59 PM

I think I'm gonna need a PS4 specifically for Spiderman.  Gods.

I'm trying to figure out the best way to sell my xbonex to buy a PS4.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #37721 on: June 25, 2018, 05:11:11 PM

You should try to sell something that is worth a shit.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #37722 on: June 26, 2018, 05:50:50 AM

I was occasionally reminded that the gorgeous weather I was experiencing was a fluke.  The first day was rainy and dour.  I later learned why there are fiberglass poles on top of the fire hydrants.

The poles are for people hanging themselves?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #37723 on: June 26, 2018, 07:15:29 AM

It's a great gaming and media machine. I'm not upset with MS, it's more about Sony being exclusive bitches. Also, EA being exclusive bitches (with Madden).

Exclusivity is a blight on gaming in general, and consoles specifically.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #37724 on: June 26, 2018, 08:41:04 AM

It's a great gaming and media machine. I'm not upset with MS, it's more about Sony being exclusive bitches. Also, EA being exclusive bitches (with Madden).

Exclusivity is a blight on gaming in general, and consoles specifically.

Keep them both. My wife doesn't game, but she does media, so I've got the Xbox and the PS set up side by side. She gets the Xbox as a media platform, and I get the Playstation as a gaming console and media platform. Works better than just having separate profiles on one machine. She picks up the Xbox controller and gets immediately taken to her favorites screen, while I get the same for me when I pick up the PS controller.

Win win! (Especially for console makers.)
schild
Administrator

Reply #37725 on: June 26, 2018, 09:54:00 AM

Tbf I want microsoft to abandon the Microsoft games store and the xbox
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #37726 on: June 26, 2018, 11:24:24 AM

With the possibility that they might finally deliver on mouse+keyboard for xbox and the integration with pc, I really do like it as an adjunct platform. Having the box in the studio so I can use it for media is really nice, but shit to navigate currently. I have lots of reasons to have an xbox, the only problem with a few Sony exclusives.

The Sony isn't anything I really like or want other than for a couple exclusives.

I think MS is overall doing a much better job at a console experience. A slick content box that I don't have to dick around building myself that has rights to play the few things some corporate horsepuckey keeps locked behind a console wall.

Mandella, the last thing I need is two consoles. I barely need one at all, especially if companies would stop the exclusivity bullshit. The old lady is so glued to her phone we barely need a cable box, even.

Starting to see why I don't care so much about Ford vs Chevy? It's that I can't go to NYC unless I drive a Ford or Chevy, and can't visit Manhattan without a Ford. I also love torturing metaphors, but, like, Spiderman is in Manhattan.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #37727 on: June 28, 2018, 01:43:22 PM

Get to spend a few hours today arguing why my property taxes should be way the fuck lower and it completely hinges on how much the citizen board dislikes bullshit born out of laziness.

You live in Austin.  Good luck.   awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #37728 on: June 28, 2018, 03:34:18 PM

You live in Austin.  Good luck.   awesome, for real

next stop is the actual tax assessor

then the mayor

i looked the old bag of shit directly in the face when he told me retail value was property tax value and it's a law and said "guess I have to change the law"

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #37729 on: June 28, 2018, 03:43:06 PM

That's what you get for not having a state income tax.
Pages: 1 ... 1076 1077 [1078] 1079 1080 ... 1141 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation  
Jump to: