Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:06:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Conversation  (Read 3421013 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #35980 on: May 22, 2017, 06:13:27 PM

I can't spend the rest of my life murdering them and disposing of their carcasses.
CSI is really reaching for plot lines now.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #35981 on: May 22, 2017, 07:00:19 PM

A raccoon killed one of the ducks and injured another while I was away from home for work, my wife is now advocating killing the raccoons and spiking their heads on posts as a warning to others.

And I have another rescue cat now. Tiny guy, about 5 weeks old.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #35982 on: May 22, 2017, 08:12:33 PM

Raccoons are too large for cats to bother with.  Wife went outside once to feed the cats, and there was a raccoon standing there in line trying to look like he belonged.

I do have almost as many possums as cats now, because they are also too big (and belligerent) for the cats to want to bother with.  I'm actually fine with them to a degree because they dispose of the animal remains that the cats leave.  You know the shit-filled intestines, rabbit spines, and mouse faces that the cats don't eat?  The Cleanup Crew deals with it very well.  It took my wife actual YEARS to discover that I wasn't the one cleaning dead animals off of the porch.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #35983 on: May 22, 2017, 10:22:26 PM

So I had a major cramp in my calf, so bad that I threw out my back reacting to it. I put two of those gel ice packs on my back in succession while laying on it with it directly on my skin and managed to give myself a second degree ice burn. 

I am the Side-Show Bob in Cape Feare of self-injury.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #35984 on: May 22, 2017, 10:28:58 PM

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #35985 on: May 22, 2017, 10:31:45 PM

Ewewewewewew.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #35986 on: May 22, 2017, 10:56:47 PM

If anyone out there is thinking of dating a single parent who is working on a doctorate my advice:

Think about the time that you have been the most patient in your life.  Now multiply that by 10x.   why so serious? Argh! Love Letters

Weight is still coming off, went for a ~6 mile hike on Sunday followed by a 16 mile bike ride.  Not exactly Lance Armstrong I know, but hey.  Felt good while doing it, felt great after.

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #35987 on: May 23, 2017, 01:18:46 AM

If anyone out there is thinking of dating a single parent who is working on a doctorate my advice:

Think about the time that you have been the most patient in your life.  Now multiply that by 10x.   why so serious? Argh! Love Letters

Weight is still coming off, went for a ~6 mile hike on Sunday followed by a 16 mile bike ride.  Not exactly Lance Armstrong I know, but hey.  Felt good while doing it, felt great after.

Armstrong used drugs and lied about it.  Presumably you're not.  I - no-bullshit, here - admire you more.  Well done and keep going!

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
calapine
Terracotta Army

Solely responsible for the thread on "The Condom Wall."

Reply #35988 on: May 23, 2017, 06:11:17 AM

Armstrong used drugs and lied about it.  Presumably you're not.  I - no-bullshit, here - admire you more.  Well done and keep going!

Yes. And you lost 20 kg, that really shows some dedication. Impressive.

Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic!
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #35989 on: May 23, 2017, 07:03:26 AM

Thanks all appreciated! 

*edit* just stood on scale. 260 :D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:25:22 AM by Fraeg »

"There is dignity and deep satisfaction in facing life and death without the comfort of heaven or the fear of hell and in sailing toward the great abyss with a smile."
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #35990 on: May 23, 2017, 09:30:32 AM

A raccoon killed one of the ducks and injured another while I was away from home for work, my wife is now advocating killing the raccoons and spiking their heads on posts as a warning to others.

Yikes. Glad I didn't get around to suggesting that you just get one of those night vision wildlife cams, since raccoons can be fun to watch.

ACK!

That said, are you certain it was the raccoons? You might have a fox. Foxes lurv some duck meat. They are one of the reasons I gave up trying to have ducks on the pond long ago.

As for keeping them away, medium to big outside dogs work pretty damn well. After that there is shooting or electric fencing. There are live traps that work but they really don't stop the next raccoon from moving in.

And like Yegolev's wife, I once found a raccoon lined up with the cats waiting for food. Difference is I just fed it. Amazingly, it didn't go like everybody said it would with me coming home in a month to a couple dozen raccoons on the back porch. It was just him and me ongoing for a few years, except for breeding season when he would bring his mate and kits over for dinner. Unlike George Raclooney, they never got anywhere near me -- waiting till I was in the house to come up on the porch.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #35991 on: May 23, 2017, 10:32:56 AM

It was a raccoon, she had to kick it off the wounded one, who is currently in a cage in the living room watching tv and recuperating. The raccoon was on the deck again last night, but the ducks were safely in a small shed I built for them. 
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #35992 on: May 23, 2017, 12:36:59 PM

My neighbors are feeding the local skunks cheese puffs. We get regular skunk battles in the woods behind my house (or maybe in their yard, too), since I think it's made things a bit too comfy and they overbred. Two nights ago was the worst sounding skunk battle I've ever heard.

And raccoons are also seen there once in a while, though I think the skunks are actually keeping them away for the most part...

Good times in the 'hood.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #35993 on: May 23, 2017, 12:39:28 PM

In other important news, I found some of the most vile shit commercially available. I get a bag or two of manure every year to till into the garden. It's normally very farm-like manure, lots of plant fibers and whatnot.

This stuff is straight up shit. Like someone took a giant dump in a bag. It smells sooo strong. My neighbors now hate me because our yards smell like strong shit.

Black Kow in a yellow bag if anyone is out shopping. Have your gag reflex under control.
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #35994 on: May 23, 2017, 01:03:27 PM

It was a raccoon, she had to kick it off the wounded one, who is currently in a cage in the living room watching tv and recuperating. The raccoon was on the deck again last night, but the ducks were safely in a small shed I built for them. 

Caught him red handed huh? And he's probably developed a taste for waterfoul now, so hard option is probably the only way to go.

I've known some to claim spraying pepper oil will dissuade vermin, but I imagine that might just make the ducks tastier...
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #35995 on: May 23, 2017, 01:26:05 PM

In two weeks the ducks go out on the lake, then it's up to them to not get eaten. Between unsecured dogs, the raccoons, the local bald eagle, and the owls, I'll be happy if a few make it.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #35996 on: May 23, 2017, 04:03:00 PM

Funfacts I learned tonight: Austria has the highest per capita pork meat consumption in the world! And we also just won the NATO "Tank Challenge" competition (with Germany 2nd and USA 3rd).

(Don't ask me what that means.)

Edit: I forgot my sources, sorry.
https://www.army.mil/article/187584/
http://www.helgilibrary.com/indicators/pork-meat-consumption-per-capita/
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 04:11:05 PM by calapine »

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #35997 on: May 23, 2017, 04:14:32 PM

Huh, I'm surprised Italy is so low, relatively speaking.
calapine
Terracotta Army

Reply #35998 on: May 23, 2017, 04:19:54 PM

I honestly totally fell for the cliches and was surprised the USA wasn't even in the top 15.

After looking some more, the US shows up as 3rd in cattle and 8th in poultry consumption but tops no category.

I like to apologize for being bigoted.  Heartbreak

http://www.helgilibrary.com/indicators/cattle-meat-consumption-per-capita/
http://www.helgilibrary.com/indicators/poultry-meat-consumption-per-capita/
http://www.helgilibrary.com/indicators/fish-consumption-per-capita/

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #35999 on: May 23, 2017, 04:26:50 PM

The US is only top in "crazy fad diet" ingredients.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #36000 on: May 23, 2017, 04:29:57 PM

Black Kow in a yellow bag if anyone is out shopping. Have your gag reflex under control.

We have two horses and about 80 chickens (it's hard to keep track of the exact number with free range birds), and next year will add 3 cows.  Critter poop is not something in short supply around the homestead  ACK!

My cucumber & squash patches are just large piles of mixed manure with mulch on top.  Works great.

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #36001 on: May 23, 2017, 04:54:43 PM

Caught him red handed huh? And he's probably developed a taste for waterfoul now, so hard option is probably the only way to go.

I've known some to claim spraying pepper oil will dissuade vermin, but I imagine that might just make the ducks tastier...

Clearly he should add some other deterrent to the pepper spray. Something that might be painful if it got into scrapes or the eyes. Hmm..

I know, Lemon Juice!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
schild
Administrator

Reply #36002 on: May 23, 2017, 06:01:29 PM

The US is top in the "Buys Avocado Toast Instead of Houses" category.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #36003 on: May 23, 2017, 08:30:41 PM

I'm down to about 340 pounds from about 380 a year ago. Losing weight is slow going when you are too anxious to leave the house a lot of the time.  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #36004 on: May 23, 2017, 09:44:14 PM

I'm down to about 340 pounds from about 380 a year ago. Losing weight is slow going when you are too anxious to leave the house a lot of the time.  why so serious?

progress is progress.  One of the biggest things for me initially was doing my walking, gym, or biking super early or late at night where I wouldn't run into many people. 

Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #36005 on: May 23, 2017, 09:45:52 PM

My neighbors are feeding the local skunks cheese puffs. We get regular skunk battles in the woods behind my house (or maybe in their yard, too), since I think it's made things a bit too comfy and they overbred. Two nights ago was the worst sounding skunk battle I've ever heard.

And raccoons are also seen there once in a while, though I think the skunks are actually keeping them away for the most part...

Good times in the 'hood.

I did not know that Skunk Battles were a thing.    I mean, that is either a steampunk novel or some great stoner desert riffage:  The Skunk Battle Chronicles

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #36006 on: May 24, 2017, 05:56:05 AM

Hmm. Been looking for a project to try out my audio interface.
Fraeg
Terracotta Army

Mad skills with the rod.

Reply #36007 on: May 24, 2017, 10:22:04 PM

Hmm. Been looking for a project to try out my audio interface.

The Skunkening ?

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #36008 on: May 25, 2017, 01:41:08 AM

ThunderfartDome. Two skunks enter, one skunk leaves.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #36009 on: May 25, 2017, 04:46:13 AM

And no one wins.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #36010 on: May 25, 2017, 05:07:03 AM

Skunk Battle seems more of a Colorado thing. "Winning Strain of the 2017 Skunk Battles!"

It was two trash pandas on the porch last night, big and small. The ducks were safe in their hut. I guess they're desperate for food, they ate some of the scratch grain from the hay and some alfalfa. They fucked off fast when my wife ran out with an umbrella.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #36011 on: May 25, 2017, 07:21:18 AM

I'm imagining two Skunk Baxters have a riff-off to claim the spot in the Doobies.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #36012 on: May 25, 2017, 09:11:57 AM

I'm imagining two Skunk Baxters have a riff-off to claim the spot in the Doobies.
Hawk knows what's up.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #36013 on: May 25, 2017, 02:31:17 PM

I'm moving Azure from ASM to ARM and you can't fucking stop me.

Fucking blobs are moving too.  You hear me ?  FUCKING MOVING THOSE BLOBS AND THERE'S NOWT NO CUNT CAN DO.

Ahem.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #36014 on: May 26, 2017, 11:13:57 AM

I don't speak Azure but: right on, bro.  Right on.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: 1 ... 1027 1028 [1029] 1030 1031 ... 1141 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation  
Jump to: