Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:08:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 1141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Conversation  (Read 3426659 times)
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: October 17, 2006, 12:37:00 PM

Wow, never really looked at Craiglist before.  The best of link sure was full of interesting and well thought out items.

I feel old.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #141 on: October 17, 2006, 01:01:03 PM

If you like pee, poop and sex as humor material, it's comedy gold.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 01:04:37 PM by bhodi »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #142 on: October 17, 2006, 02:40:29 PM

Has anyone had luck using Craiglist?

My coworker had luck with it when it came to finding a boat.

The people who have left my company recently have all become gainfully employed.  This includes the one that found the boat on Craigslist.  Also, use of the term "IT employee" is rather vague.

I just had to learn very quickly how to individually move physical partitions from one disk to another since the handy "reorgvg" command is, apparently, stupid in deciding how to reorganize a volume group.  If anyone wants to know how to use the lmigratepp command, just ask; this is about all I am good for, really.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #143 on: October 17, 2006, 04:23:11 PM

Has anyone had luck using Craiglist?

I found my last couple of apartments on Craigslist and have been pretty happy with them.  And our HR department advertises job openings exclusively on Craigslist nowadays, IIRC, because so many people use it and it's cheap.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #144 on: October 17, 2006, 04:42:10 PM

Last year I did all my job hunting on Craig's List exclusively. Was for an IT position and it payed out fairly well.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #145 on: October 17, 2006, 07:15:54 PM

Random reason I love AIX more than Windows.  I performed an OS update, turns out that the machine firmware also needed an update since this is an ancient relic from 1999 and no one has bothered to do it....  Would.  Not.  Boot.

Once I figured out it just needed a firmware update, I configured the network install server to perform a maintenance-mode boot on this piece of junk.  I went into the hardware menus of the junkpile, set it up to boot from the install (NIM) server and let her go.  Once it had booted (from nfs images), I imported the rootvg and mounted a nfs from the same install server.  From there, I loaded the firmware image and let it reboot.

I did this from home, too.  No, I don't really expect any of you to care.  I'm tired and hungry with internet access and a twenty-minute boot time.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: October 17, 2006, 07:38:03 PM

It doesn't matter if we care.  This is Useless Conversation.

If people cared, my short play would have won a Tony.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #147 on: October 17, 2006, 08:03:14 PM

Are we talking about Tony Randall or Tony Danza?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: October 18, 2006, 04:35:05 AM

Tony Soprano.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: October 18, 2006, 05:32:33 AM

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #150 on: October 18, 2006, 07:40:03 AM

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #151 on: October 18, 2006, 08:15:23 AM

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #152 on: October 18, 2006, 08:50:39 AM

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: October 18, 2006, 09:23:46 AM

It's turned into the google thread.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #154 on: October 18, 2006, 09:26:01 AM

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: October 18, 2006, 09:52:59 AM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #156 on: October 18, 2006, 11:26:53 AM

I like how Tony the Tiger is going to leave that guy in the back hanging.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #157 on: October 18, 2006, 12:14:03 PM

You know what: I really don't like having to listen to motivational speakers.

I learn more from fortune cookies. Fortune cookies don't make my feign enthusiasm or take up 30 minutes of my morning.

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #158 on: October 18, 2006, 12:27:12 PM

I agree with Rasix and tonight I'm going to make lemon bars only with limes instead.

WayAbvPar

Reply #159 on: October 18, 2006, 12:38:27 PM

Damn that sounds tasty. I  Heart me some lemon bars, and I like limes better than lemons! Fed Ex me a batch!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #160 on: October 18, 2006, 12:53:58 PM

Today is my coworker friend's birthday so I made her some chai creme brulee (by simmering chai spices in the cream before adding it to the eggs).

I think you guys should all listen to Child of My Kingdom by Arthur Brown right now and share this worktime moment with me.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #161 on: October 18, 2006, 01:25:18 PM

The Company supplies monthly cake for those who are celebrating their birthmonth.  Used to get one cake per floor, but the good old days are over and we just have cake in the lobby now.  I don't walk down there for cake.  Didn't walk down to see Michael Vick, either.  Damn interception-throwing bastard.

NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #162 on: October 18, 2006, 09:09:37 PM

A month today will be my birthday. I'm going to a titty bar for the first time. Why? Cause my girlfriend suggested it. This is going to be the best birthday ever.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #163 on: October 18, 2006, 09:44:55 PM

I can't help but laugh at all of the chicks in strip clubs.

I mean....Literally. In their faces. It's like watching a bad movie, Nix.

The best thing about titty bars is the lounge atmosphere. Not the titties. And for that, you could just go to a lounge instead.

[EDIT] That is no way meant to express my opinion on the virtues of the female form.

Just a statement about bad actors, undeserving of my money or desperation.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 10:08:21 PM by Stray »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #164 on: October 18, 2006, 10:58:12 PM

A month today will be my birthday. I'm going to a titty bar for the first time. Why? Cause my girlfriend suggested it. This is going to be the best birthday ever.

You'd be surprised how horribly, horribly wrong something like this can go. Do you have other guy buddies going with you?  You live in Toronto, right? Going to the Zanzibar? If so, I would advise Extreme Caution. Be ready to slip out the door, into the restroom, whatever...a little trip to a titty bar can turn into a night of total Un-Fun.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #165 on: October 19, 2006, 12:11:43 AM

You'd be surprised how horribly, horribly wrong something like this can go. Do you have other guy buddies going with you?  You live in Toronto, right? Going to the Zanzibar? If so, I would advise Extreme Caution. Be ready to slip out the door, into the restroom, whatever...a little trip to a titty bar can turn into a night of total Un-Fun.

Oh do elaborate (with pics, if possible).  You were ever so close to making this thread both useless AND sexy.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #166 on: October 19, 2006, 12:34:51 AM

Yes, I want to know, too.  I've never been in a titty bar so I'd really like to know what is so dangerous about it.  I guess you could get whacked in the head by a particularly hard blob of silicon or walk into a pole or something.  I just don't know!

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #167 on: October 19, 2006, 12:51:20 AM

I went to a titty bar once, for some bachelor party for a guy I barely knew. As such, I was in a position where I felt I could freely 'enjoy' myself, should I chose to. Much to my chagrin, the sheer level of unvarnished hatred spewing from the dancers eyes at every single man there sort of put the kibosh on any appreciation for the feminine form I may have wanted to indulge in. It was a sad, sad place, with the violence of their lives only thinly vieled behind their obvious desperation to earn money.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #168 on: October 19, 2006, 01:41:32 AM

Every single titty bar I frequented in Amsterdam was chock full of warm, friendly, happy and healthy women.  Seriously, there was none of the sleaze, self-hate, hustling nonsense that I regularly hear of (and encountered)  in both America and the UK.  I think it must be in the attitude - As there they are neither 'forced' into it, nor are they there due to desperation.  Indeed, many of them I talked to were putting themselves through some form of education or doing it to keep the kids in clothes.

I found that this attitude certainly helped me to lose ANY sense of shame at what I was essentially doing - ogling semi-naked and totally naked women while getting drunk.

Note, this is not something I do regularly.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #169 on: October 19, 2006, 07:05:02 AM

Being a musician ruined titty bars for me. Some woman shakes her ass in my face, shows me her titties, and then wants money for it? I just have a mental disconnect with that.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #170 on: October 19, 2006, 08:40:12 AM

Agreed. Pretty much my point, Sky.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #171 on: October 19, 2006, 10:04:32 AM

Bah, titty bars are extremely variable. Pre-Katrina, I went to one in New Orleans (this was over a decade ago, holy fuck) where one of the dancers had old razor scars all over her belly. I mean, a shitload. She was pretty otherwise, but the scars were just maddeningly distracting. I took another friend to a local titty bar on his 21st birthday and all but one of the dancers there were fine. They looked to be enjoying themselves, most were damn fine, and getting boobies jiggled against your face as they capture the dollar bill from your teeth is certainly an uplifiting experience. There was one dancer there, however, who looked ready to bury her heel in someone's forehead, but that was probably because her boyfriend was there watching and was bowing up at any guy who showed more than a little interest.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #172 on: October 19, 2006, 10:24:58 AM

I can't really elaborate, at least here; it would be more appropriate in the torture thread in politics.  evil

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #173 on: October 19, 2006, 11:24:16 AM

You know what: I really don't like having to listen to motivational speakers.

I learn more from fortune cookies. Fortune cookies don't make my feign enthusiasm or take up 30 minutes of my morning.

They are so much more fun when you mentally add, "In bed" to them too.

Quote from: Signe
I agree with Rasix and tonight I'm going to make lemon bars only with limes instead, in bed.

See!

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #174 on: October 19, 2006, 12:44:20 PM

The worst thing to happen to me at any of the strip clubs (you can go full nude in ATL) was that I gave too much money to people that did not deserve it.  Actual prostitutes are a better value.  Not something I do these days.

I always have lots of pointless things to post during the commute.  I forget them all while typing here.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 1141 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation  
Jump to: