Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Task Force etiquette question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Task Force etiquette question  (Read 2406 times)
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

on: July 18, 2004, 03:43:36 AM

Is it considered poor form to leave a TF between missions?  I know it takes at least 4 people to start a TF, but you could finish one solo if you had to, right?

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 05:18:28 AM

To my mind it's poor form to leave a TF any time before the end unless you specifically told your group when you'd be leaving before the start.

You might kill the minions with one player (assuming it's a scrapper or blaster). No way you're killing the major bosses and AVs.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 05:47:57 AM

Well, having done the last half of the bastion TF as the blaster in a Tank/Blaster duo pair (the only people left when everyone in the TF bailed because of a few bad pulls) I can say it CAN be done.  Hell, it was actually pretty fun.  The arch villian was a bit of a pain, due to the insane amount of HP he had (basicly took forever to kill him).  Solo would pretty much be imposible.

As to the ettiquet of leaving, i would say sure, you can leave, but only if you mean leave as in quit from the TF, and not just log off.  THat way, we can be sure you arent going to let us do all the work, then pop back in for the last mission just to get some free exp and a SO drop.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 10:38:33 AM

It can't always be done.  Blaster / Tank is a great combo, almost like blaster controller.  If everyone bails but a defender and a controller or a pair of scrappers, or two tanks, they are fucked.  The archvillians have huge regen and huge hitpoints.  You need damage output to kill them.  And someone to take the punishment they can dish out for the huge amount of time it will take them to die.  Only some rather specific duos or even trios can pull that off.
Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 02:58:45 PM

Damn, does anybody ever finish these things in pick up groups?  I've started the same TF (the one that starts with Epidural) countless times.  In every case ppl had to go, or they just left, and the group falls apart and the TF ends.  Yet everyone standing around Positron in SC wants to do a TF.  

Just today I put my lfg flag up, got into a group, and watched as a mission group became a TF group after two players complained.  Then I mention that I might not be able to stay for a whole TF, and a different player complains about me not being able to stick around, and tries to get the leader to boot me.  She doesn't, and I reluctantly head off towards Perez Park with the others.  Then we wait around because the leader and her buddy don't have travel powers, despite being level 15.  After we get in, ppl (not me thank God) die repeatedly and 2 quit.  Then the leader does the "OMG sry g2go l8er" routine and people start leaving left and right.  Suddenly I'm standing alone in front of a sewer grate.  Me, the guy they wanted to boot for not sticking around.  

Do ppl know what TFs are?  Grr.

Sorry, just ranting.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 03:20:12 PM

I've never had a problem with a pickup TF group, actually.

The trick that I've found is starting one myself by standing by the NPC and using broadcast or request to act like there's already a group formed.  Once I have one person, I joke about it, and make some kind of "let's try for 30 minutes and if nobody says anything, just do missions or whatever" deal with the guy.  

So far I've done Positron, Synapse, and Sister Psyche this way at least once.  Hell, I may even try to do the Bastion TF after the TF this Sunday (if that comes off well).

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Task Force etiquette question  
Jump to: