Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:34:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Beta impressions (and rambling) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beta impressions (and rambling)  (Read 12305 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: September 26, 2006, 05:34:44 PM

Is anyone collecting scraps?  I have all the crafting drops I've found.  The scholar stuff?

Silver ore.  Anyone?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #36 on: September 26, 2006, 05:59:05 PM

You can mail any ore you have to Olimor if you don't need it.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37 on: September 26, 2006, 06:33:38 PM

Those aren't bad times for me, either.  I find it harder to do the evening/night thingy.  Playing during the day allows me to justify not scrubbing a toilet.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #38 on: September 26, 2006, 07:38:00 PM

My little Captain is coming on up. I also picked Explorer for my profession, so I'll have plenty of mats to trade for finished goods, and stuff.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #39 on: September 28, 2006, 12:08:08 PM

Anyone having issues with the mouse-over information popups with vendors? I used to get a comparison with the vendor item and my currently equipped item, but now I rarely (if ever) get one. Is it a lag thing, or did the functionality change? It is really cramping my style, since I am pretty sure I could upgrade several items if I knew which ones to buy. Grrr. Also having trouble finding the champ trainer in Bree, but it sounds like the new patch should take care of that for me.

I should be playing more often, especially tonight (wife is working and I have delicious painkillers for my ailing back). I need to do the Underhill quest too, if anyone is on evening PST time.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #40 on: September 28, 2006, 02:09:32 PM

Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't.  I don't think it's a lag issue.  Sometimes if I left click on the item the comparison pops up... sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes I don't care, and sometimes I want to buy a puppy so I can kick it.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 03:01:59 PM

Anyone having issues with the mouse-over information popups with vendors? I used to get a comparison with the vendor item and my currently equipped item, but now I rarely (if ever) get one. Is it a lag thing, or did the functionality change? It is really cramping my style, since I am pretty sure I could upgrade several items if I knew which ones to buy. Grrr. Also having trouble finding the champ trainer in Bree, but it sounds like the new patch should take care of that for me.
Yes they broke it in beta (it was working fine in alpha). If you "wiggle" the mouse it will popup, you just have to find the exact pixel that will trigger the popup -- sort of like how looting worked back in alpha and still somewhat persists in beta. The release notes say they fixed it so we'll see (still patching).
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: Beta impressions (and rambling)  
Jump to: