Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:59:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Site downtime. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Site downtime.  (Read 3335 times)
Apocalypse

Email
on: July 16, 2004, 11:02:34 AM

Sorry for the downtime guys, php pulled a wierd one on me while trying to upgrade. Everything is back to normal, new php version should speed up things a bit. (im the host)

If you people find some errors please post it here, but everything should be working great.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 05:21:35 PM

Who are you?  Your name indicates doom.  The host of what?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Apocalypse

Email
Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 10:05:02 PM

Quote from: Signe
Who are you?  Your name indicates doom.  The host of what?

Im the host of the site. Like in, "the site is hosted at my server" :p.

This is in reference to the nearly 2 hours the site was down friday morning.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 08:11:58 AM

If you're the host of this site... who the bloody hell is schild?  I feel all twilight zoney.

Apocalypse

Email
Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 10:03:23 AM

Let me clarify.

I dont have any other involvement with the site, except for been the host of the site. So Ookii and Schild are the one who manage it (to my understanding), i just provide the hosting space and bandwidth.

I hope this will clear out your paranoia.
Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 06:21:26 PM

We so need to bring back "Cold Storage"....

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 05:30:59 AM

Eek!  Are you threatening me?

Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 19, 2004, 05:46:48 AM

If Schild is the front man, I dont think I want to know what mental institute is hosting this server.

"wow nobody is going to like us - we need someone less insane to be our public face."
"hey guys - how about Schild?"
"superb. Get his people on the phone."
"I can put my toes in my mouth."

unbannable
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 19, 2004, 08:45:42 AM

Just as an FYI, I get a PHP error in Firefox while trying to access the home page.  I can get to the boards no problem (obviously =P), but can't access home.
Apocalypse

Email
Reply #9 on: July 19, 2004, 09:00:42 AM

What error exactly?

I dont think your getting a php error, because php doesnt care about the client (its server side), it could be a html parsing error.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 19, 2004, 09:45:07 AM

Quote from: Apocalypse
What error exactly?

I dont think your getting a php error, because php doesnt care about the client (its server side), it could be a html parsing error.

That's most probably it.  When I try to load www.f13.net Firefox tries to load it like it's a document; it gives me the choice of either opening it, or saving it.  When I select open, it freaks.
schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: July 19, 2004, 10:16:55 AM

Quote from: Arcadian Del Sol
If Schild is the front man, I dont think I want to know what mental institute is hosting this server.

"wow nobody is going to like us - we need someone less insane to be our public face."
"hey guys - how about Schild?"
"superb. Get his people on the phone."
"I can put my toes in my mouth."

Hey now, don't blame me, I suggested Peter Griffin.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 11:00:19 AM

Quote from: Big Gulp
Quote from: Apocalypse
What error exactly?

That's most probably it.  When I try to load www.f13.net Firefox tries to load it like it's a document; it gives me the choice of either opening it, or saving it.  When I select open, it freaks.

I am using Firefox 0.8, and haven't had any problems with the site.  I'd guess you've misconfigured something in the settings...

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Site downtime.  
Jump to: