Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:01:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Atari in Trouble Again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Atari in Trouble Again  (Read 3968 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: September 11, 2006, 08:35:32 AM

Atari game maker shares suspended
Atari
The French company behind Atari is in trouble
Shares in Infogrames, the French video gaming company that owns the Atari brand, have been suspended in Paris.

Infogrames is expected to announce a restructuring, although the details remain hazy.

Infogrames is Europe's top video games maker, but first quarter sales fell by 20% despite better sales in the US.

Its games run across different consoles including the Sony Playstation, and best-sellers have included titles based on the film The Matrix Reloaded.

Other players in the fiercely competitive video games sector have experienced tough times recently.

Infogrames rival Electronic Arts reported a quarterly loss of $16m (£9m) earlier this year.

The Atari name has been associated with electronic games since the first ever products were released in the 1970s.

After being owned variously by Warner Communications and toymaker Hasbro the Atari name was sold to Infogrames in 2001.

Source

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 09:23:09 AM

Signe, how do you find the most wonderful news of big and stupid french publishers going boom, so quickly?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 09:32:17 AM by ahoythematey »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 09:50:00 AM

I am going to guess that she has "BBC" bookmarked above "CNN".

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 10:07:52 AM

Infogrames is Europe's top video game maker? My money would've been on Ubisoft or Vivendi ( The patriot in me wants it to be Paradox ), good thing I'm not a betting man.

Wiiiiii!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 12:29:15 PM

Signe, how do you find the most wonderful news of big and stupid french publishers going boom, so quickly?

Maybe I have a sekret French connection. 

(Or maybe I read it on MMORPG.com really early this morning because I couldn't sleep)

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 06:33:25 PM

Yahoo! News alerts on keywords "french" and  "trouble"

- Viin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Atari in Trouble Again  
Jump to: