Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:40:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Joystiq Creates Drama so I Don't Have To 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Joystiq Creates Drama so I Don't Have To  (Read 4253 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: September 11, 2006, 05:13:05 AM

Joystiq Creates Drama so I Don\'t Have To

What follows after the jump is a letter I stole from Max Console because I'm too lazy to navigate the giant monstrosity that is Destructoid (seriously, it's huge even at 1680x1050). I've tagged on some comments at the end. And yes, I suppose this is old news... but I've been away at a convention that sites like the aforementioned Joystiq and other game chic blogs like Kotaku and...heh, Destructoid manage to avoid. Not enough lights or whatever.

» Read More
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 05:39:55 AM

In case you are totally confused, here's some background on the above:

http://gamesfirst.com/?id=1417
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 08:56:31 AM

So, poster pulled a bit of a joke on the readers, and they cried because they had a beach in their vaginas? What nonsense.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 10:05:09 AM

DR@M@!

Christ.  Who gives a shit?  How fucking pathetic are these people that they hear "major news at 12:01 tonight about future consoles!" and they think to themselves "HOLY SHIT I MUST KNOW EXACTLY AT 12:01!! CINDY CANCEL ALL MY APPOINTMENTS!"

Fuck.  If you weren't going to stay up that late, just go to sleep.  The news will be there in the morning.  Don't worry, they're not going to start handing out Revolutions at midnight.  You're not going to miss anything.

If you were going to stay up that late anyways, what are you bitching about?

Fucking nerds, goddammit.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 10:18:36 AM

In case you are totally confused, here's some background on the above:

http://gamesfirst.com/?id=1417

Thanks, I was confused.

I agree with Llava. Fucking nerds.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: September 11, 2006, 12:02:29 PM

Internet. Serious business.

Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 03:44:40 PM

So some readers got mad because the big news was Nintendo getting the CPUs for their upcoming system which is what? 2 or 3 months away?

That's really fucking retarded.  Especially given all the Cell news that pops up all the time.

And for Joystiq to fire a guy because the news wasn't important enough or hyped too much for their readers?

COCKMUNCHES.
stark
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: September 11, 2006, 05:23:17 PM

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 07:38:07 AM

So some readers got mad because the big news was Nintendo getting the CPUs for their upcoming system which is what? 2 or 3 months away?

I think that they were mostly torqued that we already knew this, plus the fact that it's not some sort of incredible revelation.  For Summa to pretend he wasn't being sensationalist is retarded.

For the record, I didn't bother to look for the Super Joystiq Story until Sep 11.  If it was really a Wii date, I would not have had to go to fucking Joystiq to read about it, and at this point anything other than a date/price announcement from Nintendo is just fluff entertainment.  You know, like posting about six-week-old job openings.

Also, viewing destructoid.com is not recommended.  Perhaps colorblind people could get away unscathed, though.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Joystiq Creates Drama so I Don't Have To  
Jump to: