Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:20:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Going to the Chapel 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Going to the Chapel  (Read 6428 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: July 15, 2004, 09:36:07 AM

Well, not the Chapel exactly. :)

Just a note to let you all know that I'll be out of town from Friday, July 16th til the 24th, so don't be alarmed when you don't see my sparkling presence on the front page or in the forums after 5 pm today. My fiancee and I are taking the train to Connecticut (because I get most of my travel comped thanks to my work on the account) to visit her folks...

And finally, thank God, after 7 years, get married! YAY!!!!

We met a little bit over 7 years ago on AOL (say nothing, vermin!) and from the minute I heard her voice on the phone, I knew I was going to marry this woman. Our lives have sometimes been rough, but they've always been good when I'm with her. If you'll forgive the mushiness, I hope everyone is as blessed as I feel I am for having someone so wonderful to spend my life with.

We accept gifts of all denomations, so long as the bank will turn them into dollars. :)

WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 09:43:15 AM

Awesome! Congratulations, brotha. Getting married was the best thing I ever did. Good luck to you and the missus!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 09:48:25 AM

Congratulations. It's a nice feeling to get married to someone you've been with for a while.  I was with my wife for 4 years before we tied the knot.  We met a more traditional way; both drunk and chatting at a college party.  I had a special feeling about her, so I didn't ruin it preemptively with a drunken makeout session.  

Best of luck in the future to both of you.

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 09:50:08 AM

Congratulations, man!!1! Though I still recommend against the princess cruise lines 'Everquest Package' for your honeymoon, but do what you will.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 10:27:27 AM

Many grats Hammy! Enjoy it.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 10:27:56 AM

Congratulations! Be well and have lots of fun.

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 10:33:44 AM

Kinda one of the new guys here and all, but congratulations man! 7 years is a really long wait. Especially when you know it's the woman you love. I admire that and envy you. That's real love. Good luck to you and your wife to be.
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 10:35:53 AM

Grats man.  Good luck with everything.  My wedding was the best day of my life.  Except for when I got my EQ epic.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 10:41:57 AM

Quote from: HaemishM
YAY!!!!

Here's hoping you both continue to feel this way for the next few decades.

Congratulations.

Bring the noise.
Cheers............
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 10:57:43 AM

Congratulations, hopefully the bliss of being married won't extinguish the spark of hatred that makes your writing so much fun to read.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 11:00:27 AM

Congratulations!

Knowing you get to spend the rest of your life with the right person is a great and wonderous thing.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 15, 2004, 11:41:11 AM

Good move.  As Way said, getting married to my wife was also the best move I ever made.  Things don't change after marraige unless you let them.  For us things just got a lot closer and better.

And what the fuck is wrong with meeting online?  Great way to meet people, both friends and significant others in my opinion.  Hell, I met my wife in everquest and didn't even know she was a she until about 6 after meeting.  About 6 months or so later she moved 3000 miles (BC Canada) to my place (after many expensive inbetween visits), and a year-year and a half later we got married.

Married life is awesome, if you pick the right spouse.  After 7 years it looks like you have a pretty darn good idea that you are picking right.  Hope the wedding goes well.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 01:33:51 PM

Hey, congratulations Hammy! Good luck!
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 15, 2004, 02:40:07 PM

I'm going to a babtism this sunday. The parents fell for each  other online... while physically being in the same building.

Congratulations Haem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #14 on: July 15, 2004, 02:43:19 PM

Will raise a beer to you this weekend.

Gratz!

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 15, 2004, 02:55:26 PM

Congratulations man!

Wiiiiii!
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 15, 2004, 05:30:46 PM

Congratulations Haemish!

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
RhyssaFireheart
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: July 15, 2004, 08:30:15 PM

Congrats! Marriage is terrific and it sounds like you found the right person.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #18 on: July 16, 2004, 07:23:28 AM

Woo hoo!  She is lovely, too.  I met Righ 12 years ago mudding and we'll be married 10 years in December so I suppose I can't really poke fun at you.  Darn!

Good luck to you both!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #19 on: July 16, 2004, 07:25:39 AM

Cheers Haemish, make sure and videotape the honeymoon for us ALA those crazy Hiltons.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #20 on: July 17, 2004, 12:31:08 AM

Gratz HaemishM!  

(Hmm... being a socially inept bachlor myself, I've little else to say.)

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #21 on: July 17, 2004, 09:22:27 AM

I would like nothing more than to set you up with a good woman, Geldon.  Next time we're playing a game together (which I miss doing anyway), I'll start on this quest.

geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 17, 2004, 09:12:48 PM

Thanks for the offer, but we college bound lads still living at home are neither date worthy nor date disposed.   I'll probably be back on the market after I get a decent career some 4 years from now.

Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 19, 2004, 05:48:25 AM

I always knew he'd make someone a good wife someday.

unbannable
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #24 on: July 19, 2004, 06:51:10 AM

In which case, why does he need that college nonsense?  He already speaks like an educated gent, he's polite and non-agressive, obviously in sync with his feminine side and, best of all, young.  Out of the lot of you here, he is the only one that would make a decent kept man.  Education will only get in the way.  He should find a nice, elderly woman and take French lessons.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #25 on: July 19, 2004, 07:06:31 AM

Like em young, dumb, and Euro do you Signe?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #26 on: July 19, 2004, 07:27:14 AM

No.  I'm a housewife, so I'm a bit on the 'other' side.  If my husband was young, dumb and... well, he IS a Scot... we'd be living in a cardboard box at the local bus station.  I am merely concerned about Geldon's choices in life.  I want the very best for him.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #27 on: July 26, 2004, 11:34:39 AM

Thanks for all your well-wishes. The wedding took place this past Thursday in her grandmother's back yard and we got back home on Saturday.

I can recommend Amtrak most highly, especially if you can afford a deluxe sleeper cabin. The food was top-notch, much better than I'd ever have expected. For ground travel, it's the way to go.

I'm trying to get back into the swing of things both at work, in games and on the boards.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #28 on: July 26, 2004, 12:43:02 PM

It sounds as if you had a lovely time and it's good to see you back.  I am sure now that your ball is properly chained, you will smile much more and soon grow fat with contentment.

daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 26, 2004, 01:34:53 PM

Honeymoon?
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #30 on: July 26, 2004, 02:13:27 PM

Probably around Christmas sometime. I have used up most of my off time, and an immediate honeymoon is not in the budgie.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #31 on: July 26, 2004, 04:03:28 PM

Hooah! Congrats!

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 26, 2004, 05:04:17 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence Signe, but I consider myself unqualified to be anything more than an ineffectual little wanker until such time as I can hold a job and afford my own pad.   That could have been the depression from 7+ months unemployment speaking.   Ah well, it's good to be in school, anyway, as at least I'm making some forward momentum towards that goal.   I may not have a good career now, but give me a full college education and I should have a fighting chance.

Bah! I don't mean to piss on HaemishM's good fortune by spewing my own social woes.   If anything, I hope that the contrast versus my position may make the occation all the merrier ;).   Gratz again HaemishM.   Some day I too may know marital bliss, but right now I'm barely past the starting line of that particular race.   Pity me not, it's only a matter of perseverance, time, and luck.

(Speaking of which, I should perservere to do my homework.)

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #33 on: July 27, 2004, 08:02:01 AM

To provide a glimmer of hope, Geld, I actually met my wife while I was living with my parents (though they had no basement).

Some women really aren't after the bling bling.

daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 27, 2004, 08:21:36 AM

Quote from: HaemishM
Some women really aren't after the bling bling.

And you probably don't want the ones who are.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Going to the Chapel  
Jump to: