Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:39:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Falling Water Recreated in HL2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Falling Water Recreated in HL2  (Read 8854 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: September 04, 2006, 01:32:05 PM

Falling Water Recreated in HL2

I want to play this in CS:S.
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 01:47:49 PM

Hehe, I waited over half the video wondering what was so cool, only to realise it was the waters sound when he started to zoom in and out. I'm not THAT impressed in fact, even if I guess it's kind of neat.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 02:02:37 PM

That's pretty cool.  My high school architecture class covered Frank Lloyd Wright (as I'm sure every intro-level architecture class anywhere does) and I always thought Fallingwater would be a very satisfactory place to live.

(Here's the official website for those who didn't take architecture in high school.)

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 02:59:40 PM

Hehe, and here I thought it was something with the sound  rolleyes
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 06:14:03 PM

That's pretty cool.  My high school architecture class covered Frank Lloyd Wright (as I'm sure every intro-level architecture class anywhere does) and I always thought Fallingwater would be a very satisfactory place to live.

It'd be ok as a summer place (as it was designed to be) but the place is freezing in the fall/ winter.   It's also a bit cramped, as (being the egomaniac he was) FLW designed buildings for people his size ~5'-6".  Even at 5'-11" I felt squeezed in places.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 06:11:57 AM

Oh come on, Falling Water? Really? You could do that in Quake 1. It's not that complex a structure. The video is impressive for its ambient simulcrum properties of course. But if they wanted to really show off the engine or their leet skills, build the Seattle Science Museum (picture 1, picture 2).

The least they could have done was wrap it Christos style :)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 06:29:24 AM

That was cool. I always scratch my head when I see some cheesy 3d rendering software architects use and think 'those boys should pony up for a real damned engine'. I hope this goes out to some architects who pick up on the idea.

Falling Water is a kind of cool place. But I hate rectangle houses and 'modern' design. Love the stonework and position on the plot.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Falling Water Recreated in HL2  
Jump to: