Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:21:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Is It Really Fair To Keep Calling It Final Fantasy 7? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is It Really Fair To Keep Calling It Final Fantasy 7?  (Read 5600 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: August 29, 2006, 02:48:23 PM

Is It Really Fair To Keep Calling It Final Fantasy 7?

Isn’t it really its own series once it has four games, a movie and an anime?  We’re looking at the original game, Before Crisis, an upcoming PSP game called Crisis Core, and the subject of this article, Dirge of Cerberus.  Plus Dirge of Cerberus has a mobile phone version, but we won’t count that.

» Read More
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 02:52:04 PM

Also, the game is fully translated, despite the Japanese in the supplied screenshots.  Ignore that.

Images temporarily hosted at Imageshack until someone who has uploading privileges at this site fixes it.  Not that I'm expecting the images to go dead, but if they do that's why.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 03:04:03 PM by Llava »

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 02:58:12 PM

They could have traded any number of features that never really come in useful for this (jumping, for instance)

Blasphemy!

Where's that rating system everyone was talking about a while back anyhow? I'd like to see how Llava's review measures up with those on Game Rankings (Overall score there is 59%).
Llava
Contributor

Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 03:02:40 PM

Well if 59% is an F, I give it a B+.

I'm liking it more as I continue to play it, though, so my initial score probably would've been a C.

And I would agree that removing jumping is blasphemy, but it really never comes in usefully.  Most of the things you'd think you could jump over are artificially taller than they really are.  So, for instance, you can't jump off a ledge if it has a railing, even if the railing is only really about two feet off the ground.  So if I can't jump over hardly anything, do I really need to jump?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 03:09:15 PM by Llava »

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 03:05:03 PM

My opinion: I give it a C-. It has no heart whatsoever.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 03:13:48 PM

Wait.  Why is this in the wrong forum?

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 03:31:34 PM

You didn't make the main category "reviews."
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 03:49:33 PM

Man, those are some blocky-ass, low-res textures on the walls and crates in that screenshot. undecided
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 04:00:01 PM

Also, the game is fully translated, despite the Japanese in the supplied screenshots.  Ignore that.

Images temporarily hosted at Imageshack until someone who has uploading privileges at this site fixes it.  Not that I'm expecting the images to go dead, but if they do that's why.
Did you not watch my upload tutorial?
Llava
Contributor

Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 04:34:41 PM

Apparently not.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 09:27:27 PM

Game needs more meat, less jumping.  Jumping just makes Vincent's cape flap, near as I can tell.  I have not dodged shit so far.  It's perfect for my Final Faggy friend Killjoy, who got giggles anticipating Advent Children.  But for someone like me, no.  If I was a cutscene slut, yeah.  The customization is nice, but the run-and-gun is just bleh.  Kinda reminds me of The Bouncer for some reason.

The game looks totally awesome, though.  Well, most of it does, fire and occasional lowres textures don't.

Memory capsules, jeez.  Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for gamefaqs.com and the jobless teens that fill it up with information.

Feel free to use my new term "Final Faggy".  I didn't get much traction with "angrify" but I feel good about this one.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 10:13:02 PM

Apparently not.
My bad, I forgot you don't have access to that other place. I made a copy to place you can see.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 11:18:20 PM

The memory capsules are just for unlocking cutscenes, though.

I felt I'd seen enough cutscenes, I don't need to have them at my fingertips at any given moment.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #13 on: August 30, 2006, 11:43:43 AM

FEAR ME FOR I AM THE MAN WITH THE EVIL POINTY ELF SHOES!!!!

Sorry, thats all I could think of.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14 on: August 30, 2006, 12:21:13 PM

The memory capsules are just for unlocking cutscenes, though.

I felt I'd seen enough cutscenes, I don't need to have them at my fingertips at any given moment.

Since cutscenes are about 75% of the game, I'd feel cheated if I didn't unlock them.  We are probably in agreement on a basic level, however I carry a great deal of spite and bile in my belly and will get them all.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 11:51:14 PM

Feel free to use my new term "Final Faggy".  I didn't get much traction with "angrify" but I feel good about this one.

I've been thinking about this one, and I just don't think it flows well.

However, a slight edit to "Final Fagotry" could save it.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #16 on: September 02, 2006, 09:49:19 PM

Fuck Square until their art department remembers what a male human looks like.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #17 on: September 12, 2006, 07:42:48 AM

I've been thinking about this one, and I just don't think it flows well.

However, a slight edit to "Final Fagotry" could save it.

Ah, good.  It wasn't perfect, I know, but I think you nailed it.  Just need to determine the adjective form now so I can use it as a personal insult.

Hey, I started playing FFVII again last night!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Is It Really Fair To Keep Calling It Final Fantasy 7?  
Jump to: