Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:25:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Possible election postponement 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Possible election postponement  (Read 27031 times)
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: July 17, 2004, 07:12:14 PM

Quote from: angry.bob
Quote from: SirBruce
It's a Zogby poll, you moron. Only the most respected and accurate poll of them all.

Says who? You? I call bullshit. Prove they're the most respected and accurate pollsters. Lets see some numbers.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=zogby+%22most+accurate%22

It's amazing to see what mental hoops people will force themselves to jump through to marginalize something that doesn't mesh with their personal world view.

Yes, scepticism of an internet poll is a pretty big "mental hoop". There's not even a need to explain why putting any faith in an internet poll makes you a total fucking tool.

Who is talking about faith?  You're the one claiming the poll is NOT accurate, because the "intraweb" is involved.  The problem is you've fixated on a notion of "internet poll" which probably features thousands of random anonymous people clicking on web surveys over and over again.  This is not how Zogby Interactive polls are conducted.  Each person is interviewed and given a password to access the poll which only works once.

The poll was of Ohio voters

Veried that they actually lived in Ohio how? Oh, there was a checkbox. Tamper proof! Given that the GOP has set up "Republicans for Nader" to burgle votes from Kerry, I don't see why fudging something like a stupid internet poll so their tool followers can use it in internet arguements. Republican actions reek of last minute despiration.

Thank you for providing some prime examples of the "mental hoops" I was talking about.

And even of those that proclaim to do that professionally are frequently wrong.

So then why would I believe anything that any of them say, including polls. After all, polls are as full of shit as anything else. Even more reason to go with my own personal experience.

False logic.  You're equating "those" with "pollsters", which I did not do.  Polls are indeed more reliable than individual political consultants who use their "plugged in" knowledge.  This is what I was equating you to... someone using their personal knowledge and experience to predict how people will vote vs. tried and tested scientific methodology.  Polls are actually LESS full of shit as anything else.  They are still subject to error, of course, and only provide a momentary snapshot of opinion, which can move quite quickly.

Wherever did you get your amazing psychic infallibility?

By involving myself in a lifestyle that's not primarily geared around tracking subscriptions to online games and posting trolls on message boards where I'm universally hated to the point where I get banned and have to wait for the admin to restart the message board and forget to reban me so I can post again. Despair Bruce, your lifestyle is sad. Have you even ever touched a girl who isn't a floorwhore at E3?

Why, I do believe I've touched a nerve.  Must have been infuriating to be shown up by such a loser, eh?

Hell, even you know you're so full of shit that you're already trying to backpedal out of it by claiming you only speak for NORTHERN Ohio.  That way if you're wrong, hey, it must have been Southern Ohio that broke heavily for Bush, right?

No shitfag, it's not "backpedaling", it's "adding a qualifier".

Which is backpedalling.  Your earlier statement had no such qualifier, and you've yet to admit straight out that what you initially said does NOT apply to all of Ohio.

I live in Northern Ohio, and I'm involved in things that go on in Northern Ohio. I said Northern Ohio in my first post too you fucking asshole. Who knows what's going on in places like Cincinnati, which is really just North Kentucky, or Columbus, which is so full of immigrated religious fanatics from shithole hillbilliy states that the freeways are lined with churches with neon lights. Last time I drove on I70 it looked like Vegas - but Vegas for Jesus. People south of Stark county could be voting for a space alien and I wouldn't have a clue.

So you now admit that Bush could still win Ohio, since you don't know how Southern Ohio will vote?

I see you totally ignored that other polls also showed that Ohio is indeed close for Bush.

Bruce
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #141 on: July 19, 2004, 11:19:52 AM

Now that's why we call it Sirbrucing.
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #142 on: July 19, 2004, 11:50:02 AM

Yeah, because, yknow....we REALLY NEEDED A HUGE DICKWAVING CONTEST ABOUT THE ACCURACY OF POLLS TO CONCLUDE THAT THE ELECTION IS STILL TOO CLOSE TO CALL AT THIS POINT.

Man, if you guys get paid to be this stupid, you deserve a raise.

Bring the noise.
Cheers............
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: July 19, 2004, 12:09:14 PM

Just to be clear, I've never claimed it was fair to call it anything other than close, although I do think Bush is going to win in the end.  I was simply challenging the notion that Ohio wasn't close, and that a Zogby Interactive poll should be disbelieved in favor of someone else's personal experience in the state.

Personally I think Florida will be the deciding state once again.

Bruce
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #144 on: July 19, 2004, 02:00:33 PM

So you say, but I think the reason Kerry's been smiling lately isn't entirely PR related.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #145 on: July 19, 2004, 02:45:41 PM

Personally I think Florida will be the deciding state once again.

Wouldn't that be nice? The deciding state being run by the brother of one of the candidates. Even Mr. Burns thinks that's nifty.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: July 19, 2004, 03:04:48 PM

Well, the latest Zogby poll has Kerry ahead in Florida now by over 6 and a half points; a 10 point swing away from Bush.  So no, it's not all that nice. :)

Bruce
Anonymous

Email
Reply #147 on: July 19, 2004, 04:01:13 PM

At least if Kerry wins, we'll have another republican president.
SirBruce
Terracotta Army

Reply #148 on: July 19, 2004, 07:09:31 PM

geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #149 on: July 19, 2004, 09:21:31 PM

Macromedia should really get a nobel prize one of these days.

Anonymous

Email
Reply #150 on: July 20, 2004, 08:46:07 AM

Did Bruce just agree with me?

I think I need to shower.  Again.

/shivers

MUST.  CLEANSE.
DarkDryad
Terracotta Army

da hizzookup

Reply #151 on: July 20, 2004, 11:39:22 AM

Yeah I know the feeling.

BWL is funny tho.  It's like watching a Special Needs school take a field trip to a minefield.
personman
Terracotta Army

Reply #152 on: July 20, 2004, 12:22:33 PM

Bleh.  Normally I'd observe any sampling based on a participant's internet access is already heavily biased.  But I suspect there is high correlation of people without net access to people who don't vote.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Possible election postponement  
Jump to: