Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:34:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2006/2007 Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2006/2007 Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League  (Read 51595 times)
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: March 15, 2007, 06:52:36 PM

But yeah, Gonchar owns. I think it was total disrespect not even having him on the All-Star ballot this year.

Yeah, he was fat and lazy after the lockout. For a few months. Then he REALLY turned it around, and he's been fantastic this year. Even defensively.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: March 31, 2007, 03:04:49 AM

Does anyone know why I'm constantly given a seemingly arbitrary number of points that has nothing to do with the actual points my players totals added up to?

For instance, last night, my players (none on the bench) turned in:

I was awarded 20.4000001.

Now, I might not be the BRIGHTEST, but I think there's a discrepancy there. This is also definitely not the first time it's happened.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #107 on: March 31, 2007, 02:58:36 PM

How soon after the games are over are you looking? Is it the next day or something?

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: March 31, 2007, 05:50:13 PM

Matters not when I check, it's still the same way right now as it was last night. Fact is that this isn't the first time I've noticed my points getting jipped considerably, and I'm definitely glad I don't have money on a Yahoo pool.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #109 on: March 31, 2007, 10:07:23 PM

You hit your Max Games at some point.

EDIT: For Left Wing and Forward, anyway. I've already hit max on C, LW, and RW. I should have been paying more attention.

EDIT2: I wish I had remembered that rule weeks ago. It appears at least Phildo did. I might have had something of a chance if I had remembered and jumbled my roster correctly with free agents.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 10:13:50 PM by Strazos »

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: April 01, 2007, 01:47:27 AM

I guess I should have read the fine print.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #111 on: April 08, 2007, 02:56:22 PM

Yeah, I noticed the max games thing about two weeks ago when my left wingers stopped getting any points.  I thought you guys would notice when I loaded up on five goalies.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #112 on: April 10, 2007, 03:16:53 PM

Woo, victory!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: June 21, 2007, 12:12:45 PM

PS: It may have taken me 2 years to finally figure out the rules to this game, but NEXT season I'm taking the crown.

Maybe I should have just read the fucking rules in the first place.

Will I do it this year?

You'll have to wait and find out.

The answer is no.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: June 23, 2007, 05:03:27 PM

ES - PO - SI - TO

DUN DUN DUNDUNDUN

ES - PO - SI - TO

DUN DUN DUNDUNDUN

Crosby
Malkin
Staal
Esposito

How's that for young strength down the middle.

Although I assume Esposito and possibly Staal will move to wing.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #115 on: June 23, 2007, 05:55:07 PM

Yes, but they had to trade Chris Thorburn to make room for another center.  A sad day for Pittsburgh.
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: June 23, 2007, 06:21:13 PM

Hey, I liked Thorburn.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos

Reply #117 on: July 01, 2007, 03:13:26 PM

Flyers got Briere. Having a true playoff team around again will be nice.

And I sure hope that lineup you show is what PIT will have 2-4 years down the line, because Esposito won't be starting next year. Hell, I'd be surprised to see any picks from the past draft play a single game this season; it just was not that kind of draft.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: July 02, 2007, 08:06:14 PM

Buffalo really took it in the rear, I can't believe they allowed both Briere and Drury to walk.

As far as the Atlantic, the power just shifted a bit I think.

New Jersey got weaker (Gomez/Rafalski gone).

The Islanders got BAD (Blake/Yashin/Smyth/Poti/Zednik/Kozlov gone) and won't come within a mile of the playoffs.

NYR added Gomez and Drury, but have lost Nylander and may lose Shanahan and Straka. If they can get those two re-signed (unlikely), NYR may end up bring the division champs this year.

Pittsburgh did nothing but add, which is fantastic. Sykora, who I'm lukewarm about.. but is leaps and bounds ahead of any other wingers we have, and Sydor, who single-handedly shut down the Sedins in the playoffs.

Philly probably turned into a playoff team. Can't argue with Timonen, Briere, Hartnell, Smith, Lupul and not losing jack. Well, you can. Since they overpaid like crazy. But they'll be a MUCH better team.

I think it's kind of amusing that Pittsburgh and Philly may be the best two teams in the Atlantic this year. It's a great rivalry though, so it'll be fun.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: July 02, 2007, 08:14:21 PM

Don't overlook TB. If our defense doesn't blow the shit out of assholes and put so much pressure on two goaltenders to carry the team, we could be a force. Holmqvist is a monster. Lecavlier still has St. Louis and Prospal (who is one of the nicest guys I've ever met). Richards just needs a good winger and the acquisition of Jason Ward will definitely help there. Oh. Note that we just signed Michael Ouellet. Watch out for a good second scoring line that looks something like Ward/Richards/Oullet/Kuba/O'Brien.

Yeah, I'm a fanboi. I'll fight to the fucking death over the 'Bolts though.

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Strazos

Reply #120 on: July 02, 2007, 08:21:55 PM

Since they overpaid like crazy. But they'll be a MUCH better team.

Overpaid compared to what? It's simply the nature of free agency; you have to make the deal a little bit sweeter to garner the attention.

Also, Salary Cap, lolz. I'm sure you remember the days of the Flyers binging around the trade deadline, and having their payroll balloon past $70m.

In addition to that, Briere's contract, which is the one you are focusing on I am sure, only averages $6.5m; it's just front-loaded. Hell, will he even see the latter years of that contract? Or will PHL even have to put it against the cap (Comcast money = payout ftw?)?

Some of the local radio guys were lamenting that they may not have the chemistry to make it all work? Are you fucking kidding me? This isn't amateur hour; I'm pretty sure these professionals can learn to work as a team in quick order. The only direction for this team to go is up.

Fear the Backstab!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: July 02, 2007, 10:06:03 PM

Actually, hockey is probably the most chemistry intensive sport there is. You have to work with people out there, you need to know them, how they play, where they'll be, etc. It's not just a number of individuals guys on a field playing their own individual game, sometimes chucking the ball over to someone else.

See the difference between the Rangers and the Yankees for proof of this.

However, I think Philly will be fine.

But they did overpay.

6.5 for Briere is a little much, but not insane (Drury got 7, so what the hell - but I think they're both overrated). 6.3 for Timmonen is total insanity. 4.2 for Hartnell is very high. I don't like their trade with the Oilers past the first two years, either. I think Lupul is a bust, and Smith is going to be a great leader for a couple more years - then they're going to miss Pitkanen.

But they made themselves better. They'll make the playoffs, because they grabbed skill and grit and leadership. If I was a Flyers fan, I'd be happy.

Just not as happy as a Penguins fan.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #122 on: July 03, 2007, 01:46:20 PM

Jeez, I stop paying attention for a week and look what I miss!  I might have to move back to Pittsburgh for this season!
Strazos

Reply #123 on: July 03, 2007, 07:37:04 PM

Actually, hockey is probably the most chemistry intensive sport there is. You have to work with people out there, you need to know them, how they play, where they'll be, etc. It's not just a number of individuals guys on a field playing their own individual game, sometimes chucking the ball over to someone else.
But they did overpay.

[snip]

6.5 for Briere is a little much, but not insane (Drury got 7, so what the hell - but I think they're both overrated). 6.3 for Timmonen is total insanity. 4.2 for Hartnell is very high. I don't like their trade with the Oilers past the first two years, either. I think Lupul is a bust, and Smith is going to be a great leader for a couple more years - then they're going to miss Pitkanen.

I'm not denying that hockey requires chemistry, I'm just objecting to the theory that the team will be worthless because some of the players are new. They'll just have to start small, like, I don't know, send Gagne toward the slot as Briere goes up the boards, throw it on net, see what happens. Or toss it back to Timmonen at the point, and let it rip. This is basic shit that sometimes they just Would Not Do last year. RE: Flyers Terrible PP performance.

And I'll admit, the Flyers overpaid a bit compared to what Buffalo would have had to possibly pay, but I think that's just a product of the FA market. Why would he switch from a perfectly good team unless the other team Really makes it worth his time to uproot and all?

Finally....No, we won't miss Pitkanen. The defense as a whole was pretty bad for most of the year, but at least most of the players got better as the year went on...kind of. As much shit as he got, Hatcher actually played fairly well from about the All Star break onwards. I believe he may have been about an even +/- player for that time period. Pitkanen was making mistakes he wasn't even making as a rookie; shit that you or I could teach a group of 9-year olds.

And you may not be happy as a Pens fan....but at least NJ has a distinct chance to Suck this year. -- Gomez and Rafalski? Heh.

Fear the Backstab!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: July 03, 2007, 07:42:09 PM

NJ sucking would be nothing but good for hockey.

On payment, I wouldn't be too insulted by anyone who says Philly overpaid. Everyone overpaid for everyone.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos

Reply #125 on: July 03, 2007, 07:44:27 PM

It's only overpaying if he doesn't perform.   :-D

Fear the Backstab!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #126 on: July 03, 2007, 07:52:57 PM

No that's true, and I think you're going to be happy with everyone you picked up.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos

Reply #127 on: July 03, 2007, 09:16:16 PM

Also, I hope Crosby stops doing all that stupid shit with trying to score while sliding around, either on one leg or his ass.

I swear he does it on purpose, just to get on ESPN or some shit.

Fear the Backstab!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: July 03, 2007, 10:29:55 PM

I guess the problem is that he usually puts the puck in the net. And it's usually against the Flyers.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos

Reply #129 on: July 03, 2007, 10:37:50 PM

It was cool the first time, but it loses its charm when he does it repeatedly.

He's still trying to out-do Ovechkin.  evil

Fear the Backstab!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: July 04, 2007, 11:21:52 AM

Haha, well, considering Ovechkin has one highlight to his name (and none from last year), I'd say he's been outdone.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: July 04, 2007, 11:37:01 AM

Haha, well, considering Ovechkin has one highlight to his name (and none from last year), I'd say he's been outdone.

Can't argue with that too much.

Pretty happy that the Flames have locked up Iginla for the next 5 years, now if we can just get Kipper signed we should get through next years Free Agency period in decent shape.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Strazos

Reply #132 on: July 04, 2007, 12:43:13 PM

Quality, not Quantity.  evil

ANyway, yeah, it's nice to see Calgary was able to keep their core together. Kind of a shame some of the other teams have been picked pretty clean, such as Buffalo, NYI, and Nashville.

Fear the Backstab!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: July 04, 2007, 01:56:09 PM

Buffalo got lucky to be as good as they were. Nobody wants to play there, and it'll show every time someone's contract ends. All they can do is draft well, make good trades.

It's a shame, because it's really a very good hockey city.

Unlike Nashville, which should move ASAP. But then again, so should half of the teams in the south.

Edit: As far as the Islanders, GOOD. There has to be at least ONE team in the Atlantic that isn't going to be a dogfight every time we play them. I doubt Philly will fit into that role anymore.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 01:58:06 PM by Azaroth »

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: July 04, 2007, 03:04:51 PM

Is it just me or do you guys write of Tampa Bay completely? Hello -- they won they Cup a few years back, remember? Sure, we're missing Khabibulin now, but Holmer can get the job done!

:D

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Strazos

Reply #135 on: July 04, 2007, 04:20:46 PM

No, we're just more concerned with the Atlantic division.

Also, there's rarely ever more than 1 good team in the SE division.

Fear the Backstab!
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: July 05, 2007, 06:15:08 AM

Is it just me or do you guys write of Tampa Bay completely?

Yes.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: July 07, 2007, 12:35:57 PM

The story just keeps getting sadder for the Sabres.

I read something that suggested they're now trying to trade Vanek. Are they going to get more than 4 or 5 first rounders for him?

With that contract, I seriously doubt it. Although I suppose the offer sheet thing was more about the principle of Kevin Lowe being a dick licker.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: July 07, 2007, 12:40:18 PM

And the way, the Devils just signed Zubrus, and the Islanders signed Comrie and Guerin - bringing up up the bottom end of the division.

I'd say that the Atlantic is easily shaping up to be the toughest in the league.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2006/2007 Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League  
Jump to: