Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:57:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2006/2007 Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2006/2007 Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League  (Read 51599 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: August 25, 2006, 09:24:36 AM

Here's this year's hockey league.

Yahoo Fantasy Hockey
League ID#: 12756
League Name: Bat Country
Password: catass2victory
Draft Type: Live Draft 
Draft Time: Sun Oct 1 6:00pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar ] 
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Points Only
Max Games Played: 100 
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow 
Start Scoring on: Wednesday, Oct 4 

Roster Positions: C, LW, RW, F, F, D, D, D, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR 

Stat Categories: G (5), A (3), +/- (1), PIM (.3), PPP (2), SHP (3), GWG (1), FW (.2), W (5), L (-3), GA (-1), SV (1), SHO (3) 

I'm going to adjust the stat categories soon.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 09:27:15 AM by HaemishM »

WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 09:34:45 AM

In. Fear The Peter Northstars!

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 08:51:31 PM

LOOK IT OVER.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 01:22:26 PM

I've never played in a fantasy league before, I'll give it a try. evil

- Viin
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 04:58:53 PM

In.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 09:44:52 PM

Points adjusted for penalty minutes to .1.

schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 09:46:59 PM

Gonna get my roommate to register with you all. He loves his fantasy hockey.
WayAbvPar

Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 11:28:32 AM

I still can't figure how hockey gets popular in the desert. That just seems strange. Of course, he is probably a transplant like everyone else in the Valley  :-D

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
trotski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 30, 2006, 02:00:12 PM

The Nits are in, and ready to do some damage...mostly to themselves.

Xbox live: trotski44
Strazos

Reply #9 on: August 30, 2006, 02:08:31 PM

I am wondering what Goalie Saves Points were set to last season. At 1 point per save, it seems like goalies on some teams, even if they lose, are going to rack up tons of points just by the merit of facing tons of shots.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 02:53:22 PM

I am wondering what Goalie Saves Points were set to last season. At 1 point per save, it seems like goalies on some teams, even if they lose, are going to rack up tons of points just by the merit of facing tons of shots.

I would think that's a good offset to good goalies that are stuck on bad teams. They may not get the win points, but by dint of taking an asston of shots, they still get decent points. I think of guys like Luongo with the Panthers who used to take a metric fuckton of shots (and made the saves) but still didn't have a great W-L record. It just opens the goalie pool.

Strazos

Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 07:56:53 PM

I guess we'll just have to see how it goes.

Fear the Backstab!
Strazos

Reply #12 on: October 01, 2006, 04:50:57 PM

Just realized you set the position slots differently this season...

It should be...uh...interesting.

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 09:19:52 AM

I actually remembered the drafrt last night, but I had to head over to my buddies house to watch the Seahawks on SNF. I chose poorly  cry

At least I had a chance to rank my top 100- Yahoo always makes some 'interesting' choices in their rankings. No Canucks on my roster, which is probably good, since they are going to suck ass this year.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 10:31:20 AM

I just guessed for my roster. Ended up being mostly Avs and Red Wings players. haha.

- Viin
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 11:21:10 AM

I completely forgot the goddamn draft. I'm afraid to look at my roster.

Strazos

Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 11:22:29 AM

As I was glancing at everyone's roster after the draft, I didn't notice anyone with a roster that jumped out as being remarkably poor.

Fear the Backstab!
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 11:23:36 AM

Funny thing about the Canucks is that every pre-season ranking/television show/magazine/whathaveyou was pimping them up to somehow be exponentially better than last year. I was wondering if every hockey show and magazine was filmed/printed in Vancouver.

Sure, they picked up Luongo. They also lost Carter, Bertuzzi, Allen, Jovonovski, Ruutu... I'm probably missing some. Oh, and they picked up Willie Mitchell. Wow. This was described, on the cover story no less, as making a "huge splash in the off season" by The Hockey News. Vancouver fans have to admit to themselves that the only splash made was from a dive, I guess.

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 11:45:19 AM

Willie Mitchell is a decent defenseman, but he isn't as big a splash as Luongo. Luongo is solid, better than the Canucks have had for years. But losing that kind of offense is going to be a wash, most likely.

WayAbvPar

Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 12:05:10 PM

I think the splash is from falling into the toilet along with the rest of the turds. They are gonna suck. Their blue line is a fucking disaster, and they have 1 line + Naslund that can score at all. My prediction is 10th place in the Western Conference.

schild
Administrator

Reply #20 on: October 02, 2006, 10:24:01 PM

Go Go Team Canada Russia Sweden will OWN YOU. In your rink, crosschecking your ringers.
WayAbvPar

Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 11:04:47 AM

Hockey starts tonight! Get your lineups set, and get ready for 10-15 power plays a period  evil

Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 01:05:28 PM

Don't remind me. Apparently that's progress.

I agree the clutching and grabbing had to go... butat the expense of playing the entire game on special teams? Pft, I dunno. Not to mention that it's basically the only reason "offense" is up.

Shrug.

Can't we implement a three tier penalty problem? One minute for hooking seems fair, right? Or something that wouldn't affect the flow of the game so much... something more streamlined..

Hell, who am I to complain I guess. Everyone loves it. Let the powerplays commence.

In fact let's just take the GOALIE out for penalties. THAT'LL create more goals. Amitirefolx?

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
Strazos

Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 02:55:09 PM

I can see some people still have not set their line-ups for tonight.  evil

Fear the Backstab!
WayAbvPar

Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 04:19:55 PM

After my warning, I totally forgot about it! Thankfully I only had 2 guys going tonight and both were in the default lineup.

WayAbvPar

Reply #25 on: October 05, 2006, 09:41:03 AM

Somehow I missed the 1 point per save thing. That seems extremely high to me...anyone else? 3 saves is the same point value as a Shutout??

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 05, 2006, 12:44:38 PM

How do I edit my lineup to add a new player?

I have another Center to replace one of my Center's that's on Injured Reserve - so I need to swap him out, how do I do that?

Edit: nevermind, I figured it out. Maybe.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 12:47:01 PM by Viin »

- Viin
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #27 on: October 05, 2006, 11:47:20 PM

Yes, 1 point per save is very high.  I'm glad someone finally mentioned it.  Kolzig and Fleury are gonna dominate.  I'm betting Legace's a great pickup too.  And also, if tonight wasn't enough evidence, Vancouver is still a force to be reckoned with.  Losing one strong defender and a slumping scorer is more than offset with an elite goaltender like Luongo.  They may not win the cup, but they're a contender.

Also, the Penguins kicked ass.  Awesome!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 08:55:12 AM

So do I need to adjust saves down then?

WayAbvPar

Reply #29 on: October 06, 2006, 09:12:44 AM

Yes, 1 point per save is very high.  I'm glad someone finally mentioned it.  Kolzig and Fleury are gonna dominate.  I'm betting Legace's a great pickup too.  And also, if tonight wasn't enough evidence, Vancouver is still a force to be reckoned with.  Losing one strong defender and a slumping scorer is more than offset with an elite goaltender like Luongo.  They may not win the cup, but they're a contender.

Also, the Penguins kicked ass.  Awesome!

I was amazed at the Canucks last night. God bless Luongo- he made 4 or 5 saves that Alex Auld would never have made last year. The new aggressive defense in the neutral zone (not a trap!) was very well played. Still don't think they have nearly enough scoring other than their top line, but this gives me at least a glimmer of hope.

H- as for the saves, I think they are far too high. However, that is how they were set pre-draft (and I failed to notice it), and I am not sure how many people used that in their draft strategy. I would vote to lower them by 50% minimum, but I will bow to the majority if folks want to keep them as is.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 06, 2006, 09:32:56 AM

Damn, Flames go 0-9 on the powerplay and have the same old problem, lack of scoring. Trying not to knee-jerk on just ONE game, but losing to the Oilers on opening night sucks. Would of been nice to ruin their banner raising evening.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #31 on: October 06, 2006, 09:52:40 AM

You are a Flames fan? You seem so nice and well-adjusted. Who knew you were evil incarnate?  evil

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: October 06, 2006, 09:57:42 AM

Gotta cheer for the hometown team.

Western Conference is going to be a dogfight. They're going to beat each other up so much that whoever wins the East might coast to another cup.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
WayAbvPar

Reply #33 on: October 06, 2006, 10:18:55 AM

Yep. With Vancouver actually looking somewhat competent last night, the NW division is going to be absolutely brutal. Minnesota got a lot better in the offseason, so there is really no doormat to beat up.

Strazos

Reply #34 on: October 06, 2006, 10:30:52 AM

I'm still waiting for the Flyers do decide they would like to play a complete 60 minutes, instead of a decent 25 minutes interspersed throughout the game.

Once again, they had far too much PP time with no goals, and once again they got stonewalled by M-A Fleury.

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: 2006/2007 Free Yahoo Fantasy Hockey League  
Jump to: