Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:14:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Mixed multimedia audio CD... how to? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mixed multimedia audio CD... how to?  (Read 1823 times)
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

on: July 12, 2004, 07:50:56 AM

Okay, I would like to burn a CD with 15 or so audio tracks and one video file that only shows up when run on a PC.  Is this possible?  I would prefer if the video file does not display to a normal cd player at all or else it would end up being static when played.

If this is possible, what sort of burning software would be required?  Anyone know a program that can do this that is free or has a free trial?
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 09:38:30 AM

Any cd-burning software should be able to do this - there's a standard format for hybrid data-audio CD-ROMS.  Basically the first track is your ISO-9660 data track and the audio tracks come after.  A standard CD player won't see the data track and will just play the disc normally.
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 12:43:39 PM

I guess I will just have to experiment with it then.  Thanks for illuminating the dimwit here  :)
Alrindel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 04:53:20 AM

Sorry I couldn't be more specific about software: I've always used the ancient Adaptec-made program that came with my old scsi burner ("Easy CD Pro").  I see on the Nero home page there's a free trial for their product, I've always heard good things about their stuff.

http://www.nero.com/us/nero6-ultraedition.php
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Mixed multimedia audio CD... how to?  
Jump to: