Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:28:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: (Alleged) Partial TBC talent/spells/skills leak 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (Alleged) Partial TBC talent/spells/skills leak  (Read 24197 times)
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 10:31:16 AM

Er, heroic strike has no (global) cooldown, which I think will make 10s of "Endless Rage" overpowered, even without epics.

edit: the lack of hunter rumors is a good thing. The sound of a million mangina elves whining is very unpleasant.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 10:34:23 AM by Righ »

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: August 25, 2006, 10:39:08 AM

Er, heroic strike has no (global) cooldown, which I think will make 10s of "Endless Rage" overpowered, even without epics.

edit: the lack of hunter rumors is a good thing. The sound of a million mangina elves whining is very unpleasant.
I'm a dwarf hunter, thankfully. Actually, of the Guild hunters I think only one is an elf -- and he puts up with the gay "gansta" male elf bow firing. What I really, really, REALLY want is a decent fuckin' gun, instead of that asinine bow. What sucks even more is that, well, it was an awesome bow -- not so much anymore. I'm using Blastershot launcher right now, since our guild is still struggling with Domo. (We got to him ONCE -- then TEH DRAMA happened and we lost about 10 people -- those people, of course, being the ones that have been raiding the longest and had the best gear. Set back the MC runs a bit.).

Frankly, I think at this point I'm at "Screw the fucking leaf" and hope TBC has a good gun. While I'm wishing, I want at least one other stable slot.

Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: August 25, 2006, 11:02:22 AM

The leaf is the least of your problems. Every hunter in your guild will get the leaf in double quick time, then will form a waiting list for the bloody Onyxia sinew. That's the point I gave up at, so my Orc doesn't have that impressive but idiotic looking bow that was designed for elves. A blue crossbow was as good when I left, but I understand the fix is in, and its pretty gimp now. If I went back to my hunter, I'd have no choice but to raid for the BWL crossbow. The art on Rhok is contemptible.

I'd suspect that stable slots, pet ability slots and improved pet survivability will all be in the hunter talents. I don't hold out hope for hunter changes being especially compelling. However, I'd like to see all the official changes in advance of the expansion, so that I can plan a new character. While a lot of people are going to be hell-bent on doing 60-70, I think it will be more interesting to start afresh, ideally with one of the new races, class permitting. And probably not the elf. If those Shaman talents are to be believed, Draenei Shaman looks like it will most excellent, but I still have a hankering to return to ranged and play a mage.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 11:32:19 AM

I might delete some of my very low-level toons and start afresh. But then, I might not. :) I'd like to keep working on my hunter -- I actually enjoy playing one, as the class fits my playstyle (mage comes a close second), but I'll probably delete my Horde 'lock and Shaman in favor of Alliance ones. Our guild experimented with a Horde alt guild, but...nothing came of it, and I've come to enjoy having guildmates who aren't complete fuckups to run with.

We don't powerlevel very often (if you need help, most people will volunteer to shift to an alt of the proper level -- or close to it), but it's just more fun when you're not worried about ninjas or retards.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #39 on: August 25, 2006, 11:42:56 AM

They upped sinew drops quite a bit a while back.  We're to the point of destroying them before we skin Ony, because nobody needs them.  We've even given them to hunters that don't have the leaf.

Yes, now that the fix is in Rhok is better than the CSX.  Most of it is still spec, other gear and knowing your shot rotation, though.  There's a hunter in our raids with a DHC who comes close to me for damage, but is wearing mostly blues.  We both kick the asses of the hunters who've been going longer and have 6 or 7 GS pieces. (compared to my 4) But won't go for the 8 piece because they're fucking MORONS

"Dude, the DS helm & pants are better!" +15% to multi-shot! That's a Big deal! "It's not that big a deal, I don't use multi all the time."  >.<  

As for Re-rolling; as previously stated it's all about the BE Pally for me.  The wife is going to try a BE Lock or mage according to  her latest whimsy.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: August 25, 2006, 11:53:56 AM

I'm going to roll a Dran Shaman myself.  That, and bring all 4 of my 60's (by expansion time) to 70.  Cuz, leveling alts is what I do it seems.  Oh, and my mage might get to 70 someday.  Might.

I'm pretty happy with them bringing Shaman over to Alliance.  I liked playing one when I did Horde for a couple weeks.  I just couldn't get into the Horde thing though.  It probably had to do with getting fed up explaining to my kids why skeleton/zombies, orcs and trolls are not "the bad guys."  Hell, they would just laugh when I tried to explain Taurens.

Cow people -  rolleyes
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 25, 2006, 11:54:58 AM

Yes, now that the fix is in Rhok is better than the CSX.  Most of it is still spec, other gear and knowing your shot rotation, though.  There's a hunter in our raids with a DHC who comes close to me for damage, but is wearing mostly blues.  We both kick the asses of the hunters who've been going longer and have 6 or 7 GS pieces. (compared to my 4) But won't go for the 8 piece because they're fucking MORONS

"Dude, the DS helm & pants are better!" +15% to multi-shot! That's a Big deal! "It's not that big a deal, I don't use multi all the time."  >.<  

As for Re-rolling; as previously stated it's all about the BE Pally for me.  The wife is going to try a BE Lock or mage according to  her latest whimsy.
I know what you mean. I have one piece of GS (The rest is dungeon and ZG blues and one ZG epic), and the blastershot launcher (epic). I've generally ranked third among the hunters -- to a full 8/8 Hunter with the Epic Bow and a guy in about 5/8 GS gear and CSX. Gear helps, it's not everything. Positioning and knowing what the heck to do is more important.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 25, 2006, 01:28:40 PM

As much as positioning and skill and even gear count the thing that counts the most is giving a shit.  Someone in full tier one thats been runing mc for several months probably doesn't feel like they have to give their full attention to it, and you can't really blame them.  You don't have to give 100% effort in mc, all you have to do is not fuck up too much.

I am the .00000001428%
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #43 on: August 25, 2006, 01:31:53 PM

As much as positioning and skill and even gear count the thing that counts the most is giving a shit.  Someone in full tier one thats been runing mc for several months probably doesn't feel like they have to give their full attention to it, and you can't really blame them.  You don't have to give 100% effort in mc, all you have to do is not fuck up too much.

See, that'd be my guess too if I hadden't been running MC along with them the whole time.  I was taking in my alt-priest because we were low on priests until a month or so ago.  They haven't improved in their standings the entire time.  The GL, however, thinks hunters are supremely useless anyway and doesn't give a fuck what I have to say about their apathy so long as they hit Tranq shot when they need to.   Considering DPS is the guild's current biggest problem, I tend to disagree with his apathy.

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 25, 2006, 02:11:59 PM

See, that'd be my guess too if I hadden't been running MC along with them the whole time.  I was taking in my alt-priest because we were low on priests until a month or so ago.  They haven't improved in their standings the entire time.  The GL, however, thinks hunters are supremely useless anyway and doesn't give a fuck what I have to say about their apathy so long as they hit Tranq shot when they need to.   Considering DPS is the guild's current biggest problem, I tend to disagree with his apathy.
Our hunters are starting to take Druid spots, because we can't scrape up enough druids -- I think we have 6 hunters that participate regularly. The one thing we don't lack is DPS. It helps that we have class leads who are responsible for making sure people are doing their job, and the class leads work straight up with the raid leader -- our Hunter lead tells him the best use for us. Which has led to new tactics for that AE boss (Shazzarh? something like that) that lets us hunter's play bait, and a more effective way of keeping Garr's friends off the squishy locks before they can be banished again.

I'd probably drop any guild whose raid leader didn't know and didn't care how the classes were best utilized.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 25, 2006, 02:21:12 PM

DPSing as a hunter is all about hitting the aimshot at the right time IMO. Which of course means you need to watch your character closely and hit aimshot based on the animation. Which requires caring enough to pay attention. It's probably the attention intensive DPS class if your aim is to squeeze out as much DPS as possible. You can really see the difference when the hunters decide to shit talk eachother and have a competition on who can do more DPS, all their standings shoot right up on the meters.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: August 25, 2006, 02:23:15 PM

DPSing as a hunter is all about hitting the aimshot at the right time IMO. Which of course means you need to watch your character closely and hit aimshot based on the animation. Which requires caring enough to pay attention. It's probably the attention intensive DPS class if your aim is to squeeze out as much DPS as possible. You can really see the difference when the hunters decide to shit talk eachother and have a competition on who can do more DPS, all their standings shoot right up on the meters.
We've got a rogue who tops out our MC damage meters -- but he's been raiding MC and BWL for longer than I've been a member of the guild (he raids BWL with another guild and raided MC with them before we started our own). He dies a lot more than me, though, so I feel that's fair.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #47 on: August 25, 2006, 03:38:36 PM

I'd probably drop any guild whose raid leader didn't know and didn't care how the classes were best utilized.

1) No class leads.  A problem I've pointed out and the response is "We're a /family/ guild not a /raid/ guild."  Despite our attempts to go into BWL, etc lately.

2) Already working on finding a new guild, actually.  The Co-gl who I do respect told me he's quitting playing soon, so I'm moving on.  The "family" contingent has been inviting 14 - 17 y.o.s who are.. acting like 14-17 y.os and I can't take guildchat anymore.  But, hey what's a guild without the drama.

Yeah, rogues with good weaps top our meters, then Mages.  I'm coming in #8 or 9 at best lately and actively trying.  The next-closest hunter is typically #12 or so.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: August 25, 2006, 03:51:01 PM

There's a nice cast bar in the zHunter mod set that helps a ton with this. You still have to pay attention but you don't have to try to spot the fire animation anymore. I made a couple of flexbar buttons show up beside the cast bar with aimed shot and multi shot icons on them I can use to watch cooldown timers as well. Had to hack the flexbar source a bit to do it because the enter combat event only tracked melee combat. :(

Any lua programmers out there? I find it really hard to believe there's no combat begins event you can hook but zHunter mod used START_AUTOREPEAT_SPELL so that's what I used while hacking flexbar.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: August 26, 2006, 06:55:56 AM

"We're a /family/ guild not a /raid/ guild."

Flee. Those are the words that you do NOT want to hear.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: August 26, 2006, 02:01:30 PM

That's a stupid excuse anyway. If you're in MC, you're trying to get stuff from MC, and to do that requires more than just zerging each target in order. I'm in a Family guild and we use class leaders (among other things). Even families like to win.
Shavnir
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: August 26, 2006, 03:45:22 PM

Given it only triggers on next swings, and that Arms is pretty much linked with two handed weapons you won't get more than 3 heroic strikes in.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #52 on: August 26, 2006, 05:45:05 PM

Right enough, though the option is always there to choose the right tool for the job. There's two mortal strikes in that 10s along with everything else. I guess it depends on how crazy the other classes get at level 70.

Shavnir
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: August 26, 2006, 08:13:12 PM

Oh yea its all sorts of crazy, no denying that.  One whirlwind, two MS'es, two or three HSes and a great supply of hamstrings, it'd be kinda nuts.
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: August 27, 2006, 02:13:39 AM

Especially considering that the only thing holding MS back from completely dominating fury in pvp is getting rage-starved (lots of high-rage skills, and not enough rage generation with a slow 2h, especially if fighting a priest, mage, or someone with a PWS on them)

I can see it now... charge, endless rage, sweeping strikes, zerker stance, cleave, whirlwind, MS, hamstring, cleave, MS, execute. Ow. Heck, you don't even need to charge, just walk up to them.

-- Z.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: (Alleged) Partial TBC talent/spells/skills leak  
Jump to: