Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:40:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Micro payment to be introduce in GW ? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Micro payment to be introduce in GW ?  (Read 10096 times)
ynot
Terracotta Army

on: August 23, 2006, 01:55:44 AM

Well there are strong hints* that NC will be introducing item on sale on the online Guild Wars Shop.
*A swedish retailed copy pasted on there product description what seens to be a retail press realease (the buyer probably missed the line "do not publish before xxx" when he forwarded the  mail to his web master).
May be some one here has some insight at NC and could get an official  comment on this? Anyone got Dorothy Ferguson's mail?

(01).l Nightfall - Concept Game Artl - 5l pieces (Character, lMonsters, jWeapons, lEnvironments) l
(02). Nightfall - Save your characterl name lfor jlaunch of game j l j j j l i j j i l jj j i j l j i l l
(03). Nightfall - lWall Paper i- 3 limages - l3 sizes eachj
(04). lNightfall - Quick Reference TENT card - j4j color glossyl (16" x j8") 2i sided print
(05). Nightfall - 16 page - 4 color mini-hint guidei (5"j x 3") l lj i i l i i ij ii l i i jl l i l i i l
(06). Nightfall - 1 Additional lCharacter Slot for Nightfall jgame i- i$9.99 value
(07). Nightfall - Web links to over 15 GW sites - Official Fan Sites, Elite Fan Sites, Partner Sites (Microsoft, ATi, etc) l i l l l i i ll i il l l j i l j j l j il l i l l j j
(08).l Nightfall -j Pre-account registration for game launchj j j i j j jj l l l j l j l i j l j l il i l i j i li i i
(09). lNightfall - Screenshots - 15l exclusive screen shots of Nightfall j l j i i l i ll l i j l ii l j l l i li j j j
(10). Nightfall l- Trial Codes fori Guild Wars Factions and Guild Wars jProphecies lj i l i j j l j i l i i i l ll i j
(11). TWO EXCLUSIVE INl GAME ITEMS - "UNIQUE GAME ITEMS -j Fiery Sunspearl ofj Shelter and Icy Soulbreaker of jEnchanting l "l - $4.99 value each
•Item willl be lunlocked via account code iin starterj kit box
(12). Lineage II 15 day jTrial - Product trailer and link to webl site l l l j j i i i l j l j l j i j j l i l
(13). City of Heroes 15 day Trial - Product ltrailer landl link itoj web site
(14). City of Villains 15 dayl Trial - Product trailer iand link toi web site
(15). Guild Wars iProphecies 15j day Trial - Product trailer and link to web jsite
(16). Guild Warsj Factions 15 day Trial - Product trailer iand link to web site
(17). Music -j Nightfall theme music from laward jwinning composer Jeremy jSoule; 90 lsecond originali music score
damijin
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 06:39:22 AM

whats with the radomly placed 'j's, 'l's, and 'i's.

swedes are not to be trusted.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 07:53:26 AM

My grandfather always said that, too. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 08:29:49 AM

whats with the radomly placed 'j's, 'l's, and 'i's.

swedes are not to be trusted.

I like it.  It makes it read so much more exciting!
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 09:37:18 AM

Good idea, shitty idea if what they are releasing = items that have a practical game application.

Dear GW people try these for micropayments:
-new emotes
-new dye colors
-cooler weapon/armor models
-new character appearance options
-any already available in-game accomplishment

DO NOT RELEASE ITEMS THAT ARE BETTER IN A PVP ENVIRONMENT, STUPID FUCKS.

If they release a micropayment ability to skip that god awful pve and it is $20 or less I would think about playing GW I really like it a great deal in theory.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 09:44:03 AM

I'd consider micropayments in GW if it meant I could unlock skills without having to PVE for them. And I mean the same skills, not different, PVP-exclusive ones. I'm thinking maybe 20 cents per skill, or a package of all of them for like $20, or $5 per class. Other than that, no thanks.

Telemediocrity
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 10:14:43 AM

Minor FYI: They can't sell new dye colors, because their dye system is so complex that you can put together pretty much any shade/hue under the sun.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 10:30:00 AM

I think those are the free items you get with the preorder for Nightfall.  The ones from Factions Pre-order were okay and pretty conveinant, but nothing that affects game balance.

"Me am play gods"
ynot
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 01:56:13 PM

off topic
If they release a micropayment ability to skip that god awful pve and it is $20 or less I would think about playing GW I really like it a great deal in theory.
You don't have to play pve you know? I mean I havent played PVE at all in chapter 2
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 02:32:43 PM

Last I asked it was still manditory to run at least one set of classes all the way through to unlock.  It has been a long while since I inquired though admitedly.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 02:45:22 PM

I think those are the free items you get with the preorder for Nightfall.
Yes that list is the contents of the preorder box.

The ones from Factions Pre-order were okay and pretty conveinant, but nothing that affects game balance.
Right, it was the same as with the original Guild Wars preorder items.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 02:48:43 PM

Last I asked it was still manditory to run at least one set of classes all the way through to unlock.  It has been a long while since I inquired though admitedly.
You can make a 99.99% of a character with Faction (Balthazar) and that other .01% probably doesn't matter unless you trying win at top levels of competition.

Athough mudflation is slowly creeping in.

"Me am play gods"
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 07:28:38 PM

Anyone got Dorothy Ferguson's mail?

Did she include it in an AOL search?

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
ynot
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 01:22:05 AM

For chap 1 we can arguably say that there was some advantage into PVEing for PVP players: major unfairness in available weapon, no baltha at start etc..
For chap 2  getting skills is really a question of farming gold -_-, so yes some ppl still make pve char up to lvl 12 buy skills at the kaiten venter and then delete the char and do that again..
A major game conception flow imo... showing that the skill aquisition in pve is crap. For PvP  player playing GVG is a faster way to unlock imo, even random arena can be.
It is still to slow but i dont see much of an adavntage in farming gold.. plus the difference between item available for PvE and PvP has become thin.. there are still somes differences
.. but it aint as bas as it once was..

back on topic .. did anyone get a word from a.net about micro and GW?
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 10:41:09 AM

PvE is really no longer necessary to unlock anything.

Faction rewards are so huge right now, you need to do decently in about 4 random arena matches before you'll have enough faction to unlock a skill.

If you really HATE PvE that much, you can absolutely get through strictly playing PvP.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #15 on: August 24, 2006, 08:59:29 PM

Hrm in that case I'll prob pickup the xpack sometime when I'm bored w/ ATC.

-William Gibson
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 03:30:19 PM

I'd consider micropayments in GW if it meant I could unlock skills without having to PVE for them. And I mean the same skills, not different, PVP-exclusive ones. I'm thinking maybe 20 cents per skill, or a package of all of them for like $20, or $5 per class. Other than that, no thanks.
GuildWiki notes

The online store now has PvP unlock packs for Prophecies Only skills. Priced at 9.99 $ / 8.99 € / 5.99 £ per profession, or 39.99 $ / 35.99 € / 23.99 £ for all six. This includes all Prophecies Campaign skills and elites for each profession.

"Me am play gods"
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 03:42:54 PM

GuildWiki notes

The online store now has PvP unlock packs for Prophecies Only skills. Priced at 9.99 $ / 8.99 € / 5.99 £ per profession, or 39.99 $ / 35.99 € / 23.99 £ for all six. This includes all Prophecies Campaign skills and elites for each profession.
Very interesting. I may actually start playing GW again since I hated the PvE with a passion so never got many skills unlocked for PvP play.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 04:14:45 PM

NCSoft sucks my hairy balls.

edited to add the word hairy.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Micro payment to be introduce in GW ?  
Jump to: