Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:02:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: A Dragon ate my baby (patch stuff) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Dragon ate my baby (patch stuff)  (Read 2686 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: August 22, 2006, 09:19:40 PM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/updates/knownissues.asp

Dragon 4557 Known issues

* Major Issue: A graphical error is making BPOs appear as BPCs and BPCs appear to be BPOs in escrows. This is a *visual* bug only. Do not purchase BPs via escrow unless you are sure of the contents. Players exploiting this bug will be banned.
    * Overview settings are erased after applying the patch.
    * Setting the default warp distance does not work. It automatically resets to 15km.
    * If you use the market button on the Neocom to toggle the market closed, the market will reopen when you next undergo a session change. (ie, dock, undock, jump)
    * The text in a buy order window will not display correctly if the window is part of a stack.
    * Hanger sorting may not always apply correctly when the hanger is opened.
    * Switching between the security status panel and skills panel in the character sheet will cause the skill names to disappear
    * The size icon (frigate, cruiser etc) is broken for NPC's in some missions, and shows them all to be cruisers

Patch notes are large and useless.  This bit is more important.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
edlavallee
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 11:05:18 PM

So I guess I haven't missed much since being gone the last day or so? Hope you all fix the bugs before I get back in game later today. Or maybe later tonight depending on whether I am conscious after this midnight shift.

Zipper Zee - space noob
Llyse
Terracotta Army

Calvin and Hobbes are back to maul the fuck outta you.

Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 11:23:54 PM

how do you backup overview settings and other personal stuff like bookmark folders?

Where's it stored?
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 07:28:28 AM

I think somewhere in cache/.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 07:36:17 AM

I think somewhere in cache/.
Did I read something somewhere about always deleting /cache before applying a new patch ?

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 11:22:04 AM

I believe you have to be smart enough to make a copy of your cache folder, if the ingame chitchat is to be trusted.  Not sure why the patcher isn't that smart.  I started reading the official forums, but I have a hard time with that kind of thing.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: A Dragon ate my baby (patch stuff)  
Jump to: