Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:47:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: New devblog - mostly prep for Kali, and some German <3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New devblog - mostly prep for Kali, and some German <3  (Read 1590 times)
Roac
Terracotta Army

on: August 21, 2006, 09:13:21 AM

You can read it here.  Highlights:
  • There were lots of internal code improvements.  It may take a bit for all the issues from these upgrades to shake out, but overall there should be system improvement as a result.
  • 98/SE/ME are no longer supported for Eve.  They tie it into lack of Windows support for these OSes, need to upgrade security that they can't handle, and that there are very few people (< 1%) using them.
  • Mission systems are being changed.  At the moment it's mostly code stuff, with the only content difference being a loss of courier missions and some other older missions.  The upgrade is 'cleaner' and should allow them to more easily create missions, as well as do more interesting missions.  For the most part these changes will not be readily apparent until Kali.
  • German localization seems to be the main content change at this time.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 09:15:24 AM by Roac »

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 09:29:11 AM

For us, it's less than 1% of visitors to eve/myeve that run 98/SE/ME. In fact, we have more people running Linux and Mac visiting us than those three operating systems combined.
woo, go *nix.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 09:33:57 AM

Someone out there is still using Windows ME?

I thought there were aid organizations to save people from that.

Witty banter not included.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 07:09:43 AM

And yet, despite this devblog and the message on the launcher, you can guarentee that there'll be loads of 'OMG EVE doesn't work on my PC', 'OMG, you nerfed mission X' and 'OMG downtime!' posts as soon as the EVE-O boards come back up.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: New devblog - mostly prep for Kali, and some German <3  
Jump to: