Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:50:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: (UO expansion) You'll all scoff, but I'm still going to jizz. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: (UO expansion) You'll all scoff, but I'm still going to jizz.  (Read 206383 times)
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #455 on: March 30, 2007, 12:26:21 PM

Ultima 7 was the shit.

Hoe of Destruction pwnage :P

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Azaroth
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: March 30, 2007, 12:34:17 PM

EDIT:  DDA & WAP, you guys can play something with the Ultima 6 "client" if you want.  grin

Now, is it just me or is that totally cool?

F  is inviting you to start Quarto. Do you want to Accept (Alt+C) or Decline (Alt+D) the invitation?

You have accepted the invitation to start Quarto.

F  says:
don't know what this is
Az  says:
I think it's like
Az  says:
where we pour milk on the stomach alien from total recall
Damn Dirty Ape
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: March 30, 2007, 01:10:21 PM

Now I'm tempted to dig out my Ultima Collection disc and try out U6O.  Sherry the Mouse ftw!
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #458 on: March 30, 2007, 02:47:51 PM

I've dicked around in U6O for shits and giggles.  You don't need a disc at all.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Damn Dirty Ape
Terracotta Army

Reply #459 on: March 30, 2007, 03:00:23 PM

Perhaps, but I now have a hankering for downloading Exult and playing a bit of Ultima 7, at least the Forge of Virtue portion.  Forging your very own Black Sword of WTFpwnage roolz.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #460 on: April 18, 2007, 11:07:24 PM

So for a couple months now, the ongoing series of events have allowed players to gather pieces of blackrock by one mechanism or another.  It's been pretty common, and for a while I was seeing chunks of it on vendors for 20k each.  Now it turns out that with the next publish, you'll be able to turn pieces of blackrock in for rewards.

And I don't just mean some junk.  I mean uber high-end items.  Doom artifacts, top-level runic smith hammers, all sorts of shit.  Based on the amount of blackrock that has to be floating around by now, I think prices on just about everything are about to CRASH HARD.

Something big is up for them to be tossing around uber items like this.  Months ago in this thread I was speculating that they were going to reintroduce meaningful item decay.  This sudden wave of artifacts and uber crafting items makes me think I might have been right after all.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #461 on: April 19, 2007, 01:07:32 AM

Quote from: WindupAtheist
Nelson confides that you are a myopic turd burglar

Arf.  You should change "confides" to "expects": it compresses better with UUEncode.  :-D

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #462 on: April 19, 2007, 08:58:11 AM

Yes, and I suppose I should change "Nelson" to "England" as well, but a picture of England doesn't make nearly as good an avatar.  wink

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: April 19, 2007, 10:56:33 AM

Its funny that you try so hard to disguise your grief title. Your "I quit" drama over it was priceless.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #464 on: April 19, 2007, 11:13:51 AM

I'm gonna give the staff a little time to neuter Morris here, if it so chooses.  If it does not, I don't want anyone coming in here with their panties in a wad, acting all surprised when I flame him out of his socks.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #465 on: April 19, 2007, 11:34:30 AM

Too difficult to ignore him?

-Rasix
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #466 on: April 19, 2007, 12:18:22 PM

Good point.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #467 on: April 19, 2007, 12:40:00 PM

Its funny that you try so hard to disguise your grief title. Your "I quit" drama over it was priceless.
He never gets the font right either, here:

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://forums.f13.net/Themes/f13/style.css" />
<body bgcolor="black">
<div class="smalltext" style="padding: 10px;"><b>Nelson confides that you are a Myopic Turd Burglar</b></div>
</body>
</html>

Copy, paste, alter text, save as whatever.html, open in browser, screenshot, photoshop.  Maybe convert the black background to an unused color and set it as transparent so it doesn't stick out on the posts with the light gray background.  Seamless.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #468 on: April 19, 2007, 01:05:32 PM

Entirely more work than it would be worth, even if the intention were for it to be "seamless" in the first place.

Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #469 on: April 19, 2007, 01:43:31 PM

So I scroll up to see a post where you're on a gray background only to discover your posts are on black every time this page. :(
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #470 on: April 19, 2007, 01:51:15 PM

Indeed!  Witness my strategery, as I do it again!

But yeah, a two-minute MSPaint job that fools nobody?  That's called having fun with a grief title.  Busting out the HTML and Photoshop to do a "seamless" version?  That might actually convince someone who didn't enjoy the taste of paint chips while growing up that one was trying to "disguise" their title.

Hey guys, thanks for pushing for the slow kids explanation of a joke I figured everyone understood after the first couple years.

/shrug

sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: April 20, 2007, 12:09:50 PM

Too difficult to ignore him?

WUA is a side effect of UO's spagetti code trained on compilation of stratics posts getting near self-awareness and then going mad... As such WUA is yet to evolve true free will and is not capable of ignoring inputs. WUA still needs 10-15 Trammel threads to get free will concept down.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: (UO expansion) You'll all scoff, but I'm still going to jizz.  
Jump to: