Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:54:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: EA classic titles coming to PSP 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EA classic titles coming to PSP  (Read 998 times)
Trippy
Administrator

on: August 14, 2006, 06:25:19 PM

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=190354

Here's the list:

* B.O.B.: Help B.O.B. blast his way through alien goon squads and rendezvous with his galactic babe!

* Budokan: Walk the path of the warrior as you master the most deadly martial arts.

* Desert Strike: With a fiery blast from your Hellfire missiles you must annihilate a ruthless tyrant's military arsenal.

* Jungle Strike: The Desert Madman is dead. Now his vicious son plots a nuclear strike against the U.S.A.

* Haunting Starring Polterguy: Scare an evil family out of their house by being scary, funny or just plain gross.

* Mutant League Football: Anything can happen when mutants battle to prove who rules the galactic gridiron.

* Road Rash: Blow opponenets off the backroads in California's most illegal, unofficial and dangerous race.

* Road Rash II: Road racing isn't just a sport. It's an attitude! Cruising cross country just got a lot harier.

* Road Rash III: Keep an eye out for wildlife and other hazards as you engage in a 150-MPH bike brawl.

* Syndicate: Sources indicate a rival sydicate has developed a dangerous new computer program. We want it.

* Ultima: The Black Gate: Solve the mystery that has befallen Britannia before its manifestation is complete!

* Virtual Pinball: You design the pinball game, you build it, you play it!

* Wing Commander: Lead your elite Tiger's Claw squadron against the forces of the Kilrathi Empire.

* Wing Commander: Secret Missions: Come face to face with the ultimate threat to mankind, a weapon capable of destroying entire planets!
WindiaN
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 02:01:09 PM

For some reason EA's shares are up almost 4% on this news, I didn't realize people actually owned PSPs. Supposedly they offer Wi-Fi multiplayer as well, which I have to admit is pretty cool, but I don't think it warrants such a large jump. The last time it went up this much was after their first quarter loss was lower than expected...
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:28:32 PM

Its up because its almost time for the Madden sheep to buy their yearly roster update.
Cept maybe the 360 version will have more content for more money, something last year's 360 sports shitfests failed to do.
(Speaking of which, Microsoft needs a Links for the 360.)

But this list has issues.  The Origin games are their CONSOLE versions.  Meaning Wing Commander is played with a d pad, and Secret Missions is a seperate game, not an add on letting you play Blair to a disgustingly high kill rate and rank.  Ultima Black Gate is apparently sanitized as hell and is only LOOSELY based on Ultima 7, so don't go getting rid of Exult just yet.

And given the reports of how awful their PC collection of Command & Conquer was, can we really expect this to not suck?

Oh.  Its EA.  Sucking is virtually guaranteed.

Sega's PSP collection will blow this one out of the fucking water IMHO.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 08:50:44 PM

If I had a PSP and they do a good version of Syndicate (I have my doubts about the controls since the original game played like an RTS) I would buy it just to play that again. The chain gun in that game has never been equaled.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 12:19:59 PM

I was just thinking about Syndicate when I mentioned Pete Molyfuckingneux in the Spore thread. That guy really used to be something. I wonder if my 486 will still boot, it's been a couple years since I've used it (last time I played Ultima 7.5 before getting Exult). We had a strategy guide for Wing Commander at a sale at the library and that got me all nostalgic for Kilrathi-blastin', too. Luckily I won't bother with the aforementioned console ports, not owning a PSP. Nothing in that list sounds compelling.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: EA classic titles coming to PSP  
Jump to: