Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:54:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: More news from the I hate you and want to see you cry dept 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: More news from the I hate you and want to see you cry dept  (Read 2808 times)
Anonymous

Email
on: July 08, 2004, 10:23:48 AM

Seems A Feast for Crows has been delayed yet again, towards the end of the year.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 10:27:27 AM

GODDAMNIT.

This isn't helping my fears that he's about the Jordanize the series.  Oh well, I guess I can just start trying some of the series that people have recommended here.

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 10:54:18 AM

Bleah. That sucks. Might have to go re-read the first three books so I can remember what the hell is going on.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Anonymous

Email
Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 10:59:38 AM

A lot of people died.

Humans are disgusting, greedy, amoral bitches who will fuck over everyone, and risk the entire world, for a bit of power.

There.  I summed up the first three books.
WayAbvPar

Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 11:01:03 AM

Have you been moonlighting at Cliff's Notes again?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Anonymous

Email
Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 11:02:19 AM

More like "Books in a minute".

Edit:  Also, I should add that for a fantasy epic, there's been damn little fantasy so far.  If I wanted to read pages and pages of sordid medieval battles and poorly written political backstabbing... well, frankly, I wouldn't.

I don't get the appeal of the series, at all.  When the first book opened up with that patrol getting wiped out by the Others, I was hopeful.  Then it descended into... hell or something.

None of the characters are really that sympathetic.  I keep hoping the Others will wipe them the fuck out.
daveNYC
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 11:29:02 AM

Quote from: Soulflame
I keep hoping the Others will wipe them the fuck out.

Won't happen, thanks to the Others' inability to survive stone age arrowheads and knives.
Anonymous

Email
Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 11:34:34 AM

Between dragonfire and obsidian, the Others don't stand a chance, I know.

I still have hope that Martin will accidentally kill them all, and go "WTF?"
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 12:15:04 PM

I would have to at least skim the first 3 books, but I have lost my ability to speadread.  I was never a fast reader, but I am now too many years out from reading for enjoyment and college to read much beyond a snail's pace.  I don't see myself putting aside the time to reread all the earlier books.

Although I did truly enjoy them the first time through.
kidder
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 12:15:49 PM

I love the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series, and I worry that the next novel will suck horribly.  I'm hopeful that the long delay for A Feast for Crows will be worth the wait.

Too many fantasy series have gotten worse:

Robert Jordan's wheel of time series...somewhere around book 6 it started lose something.  More Mat Cauthon and less whiney Aes Sedai please.

Tad William's Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn which was fantastic until the abortion that was "To Green Angel Tower."  I believe it was the end of the 2nd book when the elves made an appearance.  It left chills and I sooooooo looked forward to the final book in the Trilogy, then it was "WTF?!"

It's like movie sequels...sometimes they are better if they never happened.  Here's to hoping GRRM pulls it off.

Kidder
-I read forums.  Dur!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: More news from the I hate you and want to see you cry dept  
Jump to: