Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:09:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Insurance Question 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Insurance Question  (Read 1576 times)
ekefo
Terracotta Army

on: August 06, 2006, 07:54:01 PM

Player A insures a ship.  Without repackaging it, he transfers it to Player B.  Player B, boards and fits the ship.  Whilst ratting, Player B gets blown up (or in PvP, whatever).  Does player A get the insurance money or is it lost?

I only ask because when I tried to insure a ship, as Player B, it tells me that the ship is already insured by Player A and to either wait for the contract to void or to repackage the ship.

Any idea what the answer is?

Thanks!

Sorkan Deux (formerly known as Sorkan Feep)

Sorkan Deux - Caldarian Deteis - Combat Pilot (Ferox)
Wolfsorr - Caldarian Deteis - Support (Mining/Refining/Transport/Trade)
ekefo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 08:17:15 PM

On Irek's suggestion, I tested it out.  Interesting.

I was blown up (in a cheap Frigate) and Player B got the default (uninsured payout).  I logged back in as Player A and had a message stating that the contract was invalid because the ship was in the possession of someone else and therefore, it would not be paid out.  So there you have it.

Sorkan Deux - Caldarian Deteis - Combat Pilot (Ferox)
Wolfsorr - Caldarian Deteis - Support (Mining/Refining/Transport/Trade)
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 08:19:05 PM

fyi, the insurance dialog box tells you that you cannot collect insurance if someone else is in the ship when it goes boom.

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
WayAbvPar

Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 10:05:26 AM

Yeah, as I understand it, the insurance contract is invalidated once it is transferred. Not sure if it becomes active again if transferred back (I would guess no, but you never know).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Insurance Question  
Jump to: