Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:52:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: So, who sold out to SOE? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, who sold out to SOE?  (Read 3589 times)
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

on: August 03, 2006, 10:31:32 AM

http://stationblog.wordpress.com/

So that you don't have to read it all to get to the goods...

As per the Smedster:

One last thing:  In the near future, you’re going to read about another big development here at SOE. We recently acquired a game developer that is going to take us into a new space entirely. We’re really excited about it and I think when you hear what it’s about and see what they’re working on you’ll agree!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 10:50:11 AM

Turbine.

I mean, First!!1

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 11:24:16 AM

Wouldn't that be an EPIC collision of teh suk?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 11:28:59 AM

It would only be epic if the readers of the press release had to wait 21 days for 6 rare PR spawns to find out who got bought out, one word at a time.

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 11:32:34 AM

He's saying "take us into a new space entirely" so I doubt it would be turbine, maybe it's some mobile phone or console thing.  Unless it's a pun and they are going to make another space based mmo.
WindiaN
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 01:00:54 PM

It would only be epic if the readers of the press release had to wait 21 days for 6 rare PR spawns to find out who got bought out, one word at a time.

I think that epic would also mean the press releases would have to be decoded in a manner that forces you to completely start over if you get it wrong, therefore the result is more rewarding!
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 01:15:22 PM

The only thing I'd consider 'epic' is if a decent company like Cryptic or Blizzard were bought by Sony. Turbine? Who gives a rat's butt. They haven't produced anything noteworthy since AC1, and even that was so so back in the day.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 05:26:24 PM

Smed wouldn't act excited if it wasn't totally super awesome.  He's not one for misleading phrases or hyperbole.

Now I'm guessing Zenimax.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 08:29:42 AM

Electronic Arts.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 08:40:53 AM

Aww, I thought this thread was going to be about Schildy proclaiming some new game enhancements.

Hello Kitty
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: So, who sold out to SOE?  
Jump to: