Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:50:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest Vault~~swap stuff between your characters! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Titan Quest Vault~~swap stuff between your characters!  (Read 18849 times)
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

on: August 02, 2006, 12:10:34 AM

Neat little tool posted today on TQ Vault, allows you to swap gear between your characters without having to go online and mule them around.  Great if your having a crappy day connecting to the online games, or don't want to have to mule with another person.  It is a semi-cheat in that it allows you to remove enhancements on gear and stack potions higher ( I just don't use those options), but it is a great for moving gear to diffrent characters, and you can store gear in the vault if you want to do that too!

http://titanquestvault.ign.com/View.php?view=ToolsandEditors.Detail&id=6

Alkiera
Terracotta Army

The best part of SWG was the easy account cancellation process.

Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 08:32:19 AM

Heh, It's ATMA for TQ.  I was wondering how long it'd take.

Now I have some place to put those blue weapons I keep picking up on my caster.

--
Alkiera

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 09:22:04 PM

Me and a friend have been playing TQ a lot and we both got pissed when we'd find blues because 90% of them were for the exact kind of class combination we weren't.

I've found 5 blues. Brimstone and the Thebian Bracers I could use, but the three other cloth pieces...no. Meanwhile, my friend's caster found a Captain's Shield, some blue life leeching sword, the helmet to my Thebian set, another set piece bracers that were really nice, and a set chest piece (Labyrinth set or something)...all warrior shit really.

So yeah, we both have useful equipment now. Thanks TQVault.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 09:33:19 PM

Hooray!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Xilren's Twin

Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 02:06:19 PM

Has anyone been able to get this to work with TQ installed in a directory path OTHER than the default?  I can move stuff fine but cannot load my characters after the move.   The name shows up with no model, level and if you try to play the game it goes nowhere.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 04:51:26 PM

There is a program that will patch tq as it starts up and disable the item checksum. Google tq vault monitor. It works fine and you can start tq vault or start and patch tq itself from there. I know it gets confusing but once you get it you fun quotient will go up.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Xilren's Twin

Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 09:40:21 AM

There is a program that will patch tq as it starts up and disable the item checksum. Google tq vault monitor. It works fine and you can start tq vault or start and patch tq itself from there. I know it gets confusing but once you get it you fun quotient will go up.

Did that after transferring my stuff (in fact it starts the TQ monitor for you).  No dice.
Try to run it standalone, no dice.

Xilren

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 01:42:47 PM

Did that after transferring my stuff (in fact it starts the TQ monitor for you).  No dice.
Try to run it standalone, no dice.

Xilren

I haven't used this yet, but I'm tempted as my Avenger is starting to fill up with melee uniques.  I also have TQ installed outside C:\Program Files, I'll see what happens. (After backing up my character directory first.  8) )

"[I could] become the world's preeminent MMO class action attorney.  I could be the lawyer EVEN AMBULANCE CHASERS LAUGH AT. " --Triforcer

Welcome to the internet. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence against you in a character assassination on Slashdot.
Alkiera
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 06:25:09 PM

Xilren,

I installed and played with this tonight.  I am running version 1.11 of TQ, installed on a different drive with a different structure than the default(E:\Games\TitanQuest), and didn't have any problems, using version 1.5 of TQVault/TQVaultMonitor.  I'm also running WinXP Pro SP2.

Did you put the TQVault stuff in the same folder as TQ?  Also, I wonder if it needs Admin privs on your machine... it is poking around the memory space of other running processes.  I looked into the sourcecode of the TQ Monitor, and there doesn't seem to be any hard-coded paths in it at all... all it's looking for is a process with the name 'Titan Quest'.

--
Alkiera

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Titan Quest  |  Topic: Titan Quest Vault~~swap stuff between your characters!  
Jump to: