Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Virtual Console pricing rumors 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Virtual Console pricing rumors  (Read 5278 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: August 01, 2006, 11:27:49 AM

Virtual Console pricing rumors

Kiyoshi Saruwatari says that everything on his blog should be treated as rumor, but since he is a Nintendo employee I feel I can give a little bit more weight to his rumors than to most other sources.  From way back on July 6:

The VC games will mainly be sold through the online portal. The price will differ but Nintendo titles will be priced at $3,99 for NES games, $4,99 for SNES games and $7,99 for N64.

I think $4.99 for Super Metroid is pretty reasonable.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 12:22:08 PM

That sounds right about in line with the earlier rumors that they'd be between $5 and $10. Sounds like a good scheme to me.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 01:37:47 PM

The NES price might be a little high, but that will just cause me to be a bit more selective in my purchases.

SNES/N64 pricing on the other hand....if those numbers turn out to be true, are excellent price points.

Now we just have to wait and see what is actually going to be available.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 01:56:33 PM

$8 for Goldeneye? A couple rounds of retro 4-player? Not too bad, I guess.

My buddy (the eqholic, now recovered I think) was just busting my balls about how long it took me to get used to Goldeneye. I came from playing Quake, always forgetting you couldn't jump off ledges, and my aim sucked (still does) with those damned thumbsticks. I was still second best out of a couple dozen of us in the old gaming circle.

Good times.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 02:20:19 PM

I'm never coming out of the house again.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 02:27:44 PM

$8 for Goldeneye? A couple rounds of retro 4-player? Not too bad, I guess.

Pretty sure Goldeneye is off the list.  Licensing.  So far Nintendo isn't talking about anything that isn't theirs or Sega's.

Also, it has been stated that N will make VC games available over time, not unleashing everything all at once.  In fact, if you read the blog you will notice he says that Metroid Prime 3 will unlock previous Metroid games, so get ready for some madcap Nintendo collect'em-all fun.  Kinda like the Fusion suit in the original Prime.  Damn that fucking Nightmare.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 02:30:30 PM by Yegolev »

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Virtual Console pricing rumors  
Jump to: