Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:53:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQII Cinematic Footage: Vision Rallying Cry 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQII Cinematic Footage: Vision Rallying Cry  (Read 1917 times)
jpark
Terracotta Army

on: July 27, 2006, 04:38:19 PM

I do like the effort EQII has put forward in putting a cinematic in to introduce the game.  To set the stage - as WoW's does an amazing job at doing so.  Sometimes if there is server maintenance I will review that cinematic on Blizzard's site because it is that inspiring.

EQ2's, however, falls short and reflects systemic issues with the game.  The amazing thing about the cinematic of WoW's footage is that everytime they feature a new race - you see a new class - as is clearly signalled by their abilities.

In EQ2 we see 4 heroes - and for someone like me who has played this game for several months off and on - of the 4 heroes all I see are two classes "caster" and "warrior" - there is no obvious distinguishing action in the cinematic that takes place that makes one believe the two casters are two different classes - the same for the warriors.

And that of course goes right back to a luck lustre class system.  If the cinematic cannot at least portray classes as different entities - there is no room to fall short in execution - because the "vision" never got that far.

The footage is not bad - I appreciate it - but it reminds me of what is missing in the game.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQII Cinematic Footage: Vision Rallying Cry  
Jump to: