Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:23:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Have the devs said anything about trying alternate-rules servers? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have the devs said anything about trying alternate-rules servers?  (Read 2205 times)
Telemediocrity
Terracotta Army

on: July 27, 2006, 12:01:30 PM

RP, Full PvP, anything like that?

Just curious, figured maybe someone here keeps up with the dev digest better than I do.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 02:19:55 PM

There are two unofficial roleplaying servers.  Infinity and Virtue, I think.  (I could be wrong about that... check the forums.)  From my personal experience, I'd say that those servers actually actually have a fairly impressive turning out of roleplayers... but mostly at lower levels, since the appeal to start over to roleplay something new is strong enough without CoX's later two-thirds of the game having an appaling grind.

As for anything other than a cosmetic alternate rule set, I'm afraid not.  PvP has never been particularly strong in CoH, despite the developers releasing PvP zones and arenas, probably because the character system is such where there's a definate rock/paper/scissors situation where a hero/villain built a certain way will always, always kick your ass.  E.g. Non-Hold Resistant Hero versus Controller/Dominator Versus Hold-Resistant Hero.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 02:22:16 PM by geldonyetich »

Miscreant
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 03:41:37 PM

Yup. Virtue is the main unofficial RP server, and also one of the friendliest servers for casual players, IMHO.  The devs have said they don't have any plans for official alternate rule servers.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  City of Heroes / City of Villains  |  Topic: Have the devs said anything about trying alternate-rules servers?  
Jump to: