Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:45:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WoW EU beta sign-up 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WoW EU beta sign-up  (Read 7191 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

on: July 05, 2004, 06:47:16 AM

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 10:05:44 AM

Wow Beta: "So, you want to sign up for Wow Beta, hmm?"

Geldonyetich: "Yes."

Wow Beta: "You know this particular signup is only for Europeans, right?"

Geldonyetich: "Yes."

Wow Beta: "It says here your IP address is coming from the states..."

Geldonyetich: "Uh... No.   I'm really from Svweeden.. ya?"

Wow Beta: "..."

schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 10:19:12 AM

Assuming a bot picks all this information:
1162 Abbey Rd.
North Glenshire, UK 01239

phone 00128675309

and I now speak Hungarian.

They call 'Horizons' 'horizon.' See, even Blizzard doesn't give a shit about them.

And then I got to the bottom of the pa....oh wait, there is no ok button. This must be because I clicked on 'yes, I've played Horizon" and they figured me a tasteless cuntrag.

Se la vie. Another reason to hate them.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 01:07:30 PM

I just put my real address. Worse comes to worse I become Dutch.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 05, 2004, 01:14:57 PM

In case you care, the US postal zip code system hasn't reached these shores yet. Fake post codes should be of the form 'aann naa'.

And your phone number is one digit short.

Also, if a town planner over here suggested building a road that could fit 1162 houses on it, they'd be considered vulgar and immeaditely dispatched the colonies.

Good luck, however.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
AOFanboi
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 05, 2004, 01:19:14 PM

Stupid signup required ActiveX (meaning MSIE) to analyze computer info. Don't they trust people anymore?

Well, now that the Ryzom open weekend is over I might as well wait for this one instead.

Current: Mario Kart DS, Nintendogs
HRose
I'm Special

VIKLAS!

Reply #6 on: July 05, 2004, 05:49:38 PM

Well, this time I used my real address but I'll retry later under a different name since I signed up using cesspit.net e-mail.

I don't think they check anything anyway. Just a silly warning.

-HRose / Abalieno
cesspit.net
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #7 on: July 05, 2004, 06:14:18 PM

Quote from: HRose
I don't think they check anything anyway. Just a silly warning.

Probably not. I've seen 3-4 beta apps with scripts that take the DX Diag info or something else to see what your specs are. It's obvious you can't trust anyone these days. I mean, do you honestly think everyone answers the "Which games have you beta tested?" honestly? No, I don't think so.

Heck, I've tested every MMORPG and my system, well, let's just say depending on the system specs for the beta, it's good enough if not better.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: July 05, 2004, 06:54:07 PM

Having given the account back that I was given after three days of the snoozefest, I'm not in a hurry to figure out a way to get in.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9 on: July 06, 2004, 06:51:20 AM

I also plan to become Dutch someday, but for completely different reasons.  When I want a European beta badly enough, I usually have a friend in the UK sign up for me and just email me the info.  I've done that twice but, for some reason, I'm not so interested anymore.  If I get into this or any other beta in the near future, I'm likely to pass it on, at the moment, without even giving it a go.

I need peace.  Maybe I'll take up quilting.

schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: July 06, 2004, 09:51:36 AM

Signe, I think you would enjoy Magic: The Gathering.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #11 on: July 06, 2004, 10:08:30 AM

Quote from: schild
Signe, I think you would enjoy Magic: The Gathering.

Maybe.  Gordon played that for a bit and has a lot of cards.  He quite enjoys it, though recently he's playing SWG again.  I'm kind of into ATITD, believe it or not, though I've not logged in for a bit. (much to the chagrin of Rasix and his horde of wooly camels)  I plan on starting up again after I move this Friday... though I won't have internet for a few days.  My life has taken a very stressy turn of late and I find picking grass and making jugs relaxing.  

I do hope you admired my sculpture, by the way.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #12 on: July 06, 2004, 10:15:23 AM

I think Delim just quit or got hit by a bus.  It's been quite lonely in the camp as of late. Nebu's been pretty absent.. I just need people to play my damn Set's Ladder for Thought initiation!!!

Anyhow, lots more to do (a lot of camp additions, more coming) since every body's been gone.  You can even breed beetles if you want to.

Edit: Nebu cancelled. *cry*

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #13 on: July 06, 2004, 12:52:27 PM

I'm sorry, Rasix.  I'll be starting up again soon-ish, probably sometime next week as I won't have internet for a bit after we move.  I'm too nervous and upset to play anything.  If you never hear from me again, blame New Jersey.  :(  Home of Tony Soprano.  Land of scary accents.  I could go to the beach, but I'm allergic to medical waste products.  

I'm unsure whether to start up a crack habit or just take a SITH now.  I'm scared.

Edit: Well, if it's still there next week.  If not, see you in the 2nd telling!

Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: July 06, 2004, 02:23:23 PM

Signed up, hoping for the best. And don't any of you bastards try to steal my slot.

Wiiiiii!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: WoW EU beta sign-up  
Jump to: