Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:55:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Graphics without Eye Candy! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Graphics without Eye Candy!  (Read 3321 times)
jpark
Terracotta Army

on: July 25, 2006, 11:05:11 PM

This is not a new topic.  So I guess it's a rant.

My level 12 guardian bought a full suite of plate from the vendor.  As you can imagine - no special stats - not attunable - just newbie vendor gear.

I stood beside a level 70 Guardian at the exchange - and I was furious at my conclusion - my armor looked better.

EQ2 has adopted many things from WoW.  At what point are they going to catch on to the "idea" that looking cool is fun - that blizzard releases and updates and features armor sets regularly - and I see NO equivalent in EQ2.

Ya there are armor quests - did them with my templar - gear looks like shit.  The rusted hull of a beached ocean tanker has more appeal.

EQ2 still manages to overlook the little things that make gaming fun.  I notice that nobody in this game - myself included - "jumps".  In WoW they do.  The kinetics in EQ2 of "jumping" looks and feels like shit.  The shoulders look like they enter into dislocation with the rest of the body.  Jumping is fun.  Many folks like to do it to pass the time between pulls.  This sound silly I know - but kinetics are important too - and is one of the main value propositions of City of Heroes.

/rant off.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 11:09:00 PM by jpark »

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 07:30:16 AM

I would agree about the armor, but on the jumping thing? Um. No thanks. I never want to see another idiot jumping in a circle because he's bored. That was rampant in WOW and DAOC.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 12:47:41 PM

I would agree about the armor, but on the jumping thing? Um. No thanks. I never want to see another idiot jumping in a circle because he's bored. That was rampant in WOW and DAOC.

Being that jumping idiot, I disagree. My troll had hops.

The best bored jumping ever: outside of AQ40.  Ramps + epic mount = Tony Hawk troll style.  Gotta do something when you show up late the raid.

-Rasix
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 12:57:46 PM

Being that jumping idiot, I disagree. My troll had hops.

The best bored jumping ever: outside of AQ40.  Ramps + epic mount = Tony Hawk troll style.  Gotta do something when you show up late the raid.

I like jumping with my bug mount inside AQ40. There is some very fun jumps inside there. And you gota do some thing on that horrible run back to C'Thun.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 12:53:26 AM

My main problem with EQ2 is that they spent all of this time trying to generate outstanding graphics and left out simple things like armor customization.  Even DAoC offers the ability to dye armor a myriad of colors and it's nearly 5 years old.  I want to recognize people on sight rather than by having to read their names. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
jpark
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 06:20:37 AM

My main problem with EQ2 is that they spent all of this time trying to generate outstanding graphics and left out simple things like armor customization. 

It's so bad.  All the armor quests I have seen look exactly the same - e.g. if your plate - your armor looks exactly the same regardless your class (paladin, guardian, Templar..).  That was the armor quest up to level 30 anyway.

"I think my brain just shoved its head up its own ass in retaliation.
"  HaemishM.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 02:32:11 PM

360 Kodo Flip.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Graphics without Eye Candy!  
Jump to: