Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:34:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Mods 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mods  (Read 4060 times)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

on: July 21, 2006, 09:03:23 AM

I just finished a WoW mod for playerep (will post sometime) and I'm wondering if there's any use to make something for EQ2.  Does anyone know of any mods other than EQ2Map?  Are they useful (other than EQ2Map)?  Do people like using viewers alone in EQ2Map?  Just trying to get a sense of what's going on.  Thx.
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 11:01:33 AM

EQ2maps is the only one I've ever used or heard of. The EQ2 interface was very flexible and full featured to start and I think that's cut down on the interest.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 05:47:59 AM

True that. Despite the flaws at launch, even then I applauded the interface. Hell, I even liked the SW:G interface. But with the adjustable widescreen bars, the EQII interface was simply masterful.

(In other words, good luck making a mod for EQII - do you really need more than WoW though? Heh.)
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 10:15:50 AM

yeah I'll check into maybe after the AGC.  Kind of burnt out right now.  The WoW mod and patcher will probably be up tonight.  I think with EQ2 I'll at least include it in the patcher options and write an xmltmpl that people can see all scores for members on that shard from in the game (if I can figure out how to call it).  Bleh. 

thank ye
Bill
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 02:14:18 PM

There's some nice UI mods out there, but due to the limitations of EQ2s UI (in terms of user customisation), nothing like we have with WoW, unfortunately. Most people who customise their UI seem to be using set like Profit and Fetish, which both kinda suck in my opinion. What would be good to see is a graphical revamp of the UI, since SOE is in to it's whole bulkly, needless waste of space thing at the moment.

Still, you can do a lot with layout. Here's my current setup:

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 10:29:44 PM

It's good to see that higher-level gear still looks like ass, I guess.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 07:16:06 AM

And that people apparently still need to be told via macro not to break mez.  rolleyes
Bill
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 08:24:38 AM

Higher level? Not really  :-D

Macro spam in PUGs is just the way it is, my guildies are all too high for this lowbie Ranger right now.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Mods  
Jump to: