Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:16:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free FA Premier League Fantasy Football (Soccer) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free FA Premier League Fantasy Football (Soccer)  (Read 7871 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

on: July 20, 2006, 08:35:44 AM

So I'm interested in English Football, specifically Liverpool's team. After finding their web site, I discovered they have a free fantasy league following the EPL and decided to create a league. Details available at my site.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 02:10:34 PM

I'm in, and for once this actually means I have signed up.  Anything to inspire me to follow soccer more now that the WC is over.  I didn't watch much at all of the EPL last season so other the a few choices based on video game performance my lineup is picked quite randomly.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 08:15:02 AM

Sigil's Spurs have entered the Melee. We shall see how they do ;)
WindiaN
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 10:55:35 AM

i'm in
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 07:15:36 AM

I'm in.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 04:38:56 PM

Who is Lamaros in the league?  I want to gloat over how badly I'm beating him...

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 08:11:13 PM

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 04:36:41 PM

real life has pretty much scuppered any shot ofSigils Spurs doing jack shit. Kind of mirroring reality there ;)
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 05:10:22 PM

Did you not join ours?  Damn I feel way less motivated to win now...

Which is too bad because I should be able to hang onto this one, I can ride Christiano as captain to victory at this point esp as long as Liverpool continues to fuck up my opposition -- haha silly liverpool fans, the only player of yours I'd touch is Xabi and you keep getting him fucking knocked.

Blah blah long season, I do wish Essien was getting more bonus pts for how damn awesome he is and I do keep trying to find a creative way to get more bang in my strikeforce.  The Healey gamble looked like it might pay off and fucking Ashley Young is having an ok season it seems like but sure isn't getting me points.  Good thing Haem didn't think to pick up Benjani otherwise we all might have been in trouble (I think he's a Portsmouth fan?).

-William Gibson
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 05:32:44 PM

Did you not join ours?  Damn I feel way less motivated to win now...

Which is too bad because I should be able to hang onto this one, I can ride Christiano as captain to victory at this point esp as long as Liverpool continues to fuck up my opposition -- haha silly liverpool fans, the only player of yours I'd touch is Xabi and you keep getting him fucking knocked.

Blah blah long season, I do wish Essien was getting more bonus pts for how damn awesome he is and I do keep trying to find a creative way to get more bang in my strikeforce.  The Healey gamble looked like it might pay off and fucking Ashley Young is having an ok season it seems like but sure isn't getting me points.  Good thing Haem didn't think to pick up Benjani otherwise we all might have been in trouble (I think he's a Portsmouth fan?).

I only joined mine at the last minute, didn't realize there was one here again. Woudl certainly relish the competition, no one is close to me that I know in the other one (though my brother is doing ok).

It's been a rotten season for injuries and the like for me so far. Ronaldo getting that bullshit red card, Alonso getting injured, Terry getting injured, Carvahalo getting injured, van Persie getting injured, Rooney getting injured. Stupid Avram grant playing musical chairs with his midfield each week. There have been some good bargains about though. I picked up N'gzobia (spelling) up at the start then sold him for 9mil and picked up Essien who has picked up even more since. Berbatov is nice and cheap now too. The trading game makes the whole thing fun.

Pretty sure Haem is a Liverpool fan, so there's no need to worry there! Only Alonso and Gerrard (because he takes penalties) are worth it from them. In my competition Ronaldo is the top point scorer despite his missing three games. The best player in the league!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 09:10:50 PM

Torres was actually good points from Liverpool til he got injured. Gerrard is still good points.

I'm a Portsmouth fan, though obviously not as much as Liverpool. I just like their unis, and their scrappy play. I didn't pick up Benjani early because I've seen him play numerous times. He always seems to flirt with the spectacular, only to completely fuck it up in the end, kind of like LuaLua. Only this year, he's actually scoring, something I didn't expect. I did expect Pompey to score more this year, but that's because I figured Nugent would get it going. He's forgotten where the goal is, Redknapp's not playing him, so Benjani has come alive.

I dropped Ronaldo early when Man. U. was having such a hard time scoring, and other injuries have pretty much fucked my season so far.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free FA Premier League Fantasy Football (Soccer)  
Jump to: