Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:47:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: White Man Tries to Play Persona 3. Fails. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: White Man Tries to Play Persona 3. Fails.  (Read 4468 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: July 19, 2006, 02:39:58 AM

White Man Tries to Play Persona 3. Fails.

So, I discovered first hand today that just because I've played at least 100 RPGs to completion, I still can't figure out jack shit in a fully Japanese RPG. I booted up Persona 3 today HOPING that I'd be able to get to the dungeon crawler part. See, Persona 3 is this sort of hybrid high school/dating sim/nethacky dungeon crawler frankenstein of a game. For purposes of brevity, I'll say this - you balance your day workload against your night adventuring so that you aren't too tired to do them both. Or something. Whatever. When the game comes out in 2007, I'll do a proper review. For now, I've attached two videos (below the jump) and a description of my first hour with Persona 3. No, wait, you can't even call it an hour of Persona 3. It lasted an hour, sure - but I managed to get nothing done. Really, I just fucked around with a game. Do I suck at games? I dunno. Maybe. Do I suck at Japanese games that require a full working knowledge of Japanese to do anything? YES. Would you? Ya, probably.

As a warning, the videos have some NSFW language in them. I'd apologize, but that's just not going to happen. I was playing the game with one goal in mind.

» Read More
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 05:49:57 AM

So, what's with the high-pitch whine in the background? And the techno? And the sound of men crying?

Also, that's a pretty good shot of your TV considering. I would have expected a glare or something.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 06:09:21 AM

Lights off, LCD. Just didn't want to use my Mini DV. This weekend I'm gonna rewire things me thinks to hook up the 480p action. As for the crying. That was me for a bit. Also, the techno was the ingame music. And the whine might have been my PS2 spinning up which was about 4 inches from the camera. I'm going to try and grab a few of the jazzier songs out of the game. It's an amazing soundtrack.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 01:15:44 AM

See, Persona 3 is this sort of hybrid high school/dating sim/nethacky dungeon crawler frankenstein of a game. For purposes of brevity, I'll say this - you balance your day workload against your night adventuring so that you aren't too tired to do them both. Or something. Whatever.

So it's a Japanese version of Buffy?
schild
Administrator

Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 01:17:00 AM

No.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:43:14 AM

[deleted torrent] - But yes, there is a torrent out there for the soundtrack. And it is good. -Schild
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 10:31:28 PM by schild »
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: White Man Tries to Play Persona 3. Fails.  
Jump to: