Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:20:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Ronald Reagan, Ray Charles.... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ronald Reagan, Ray Charles....  (Read 2339 times)
schild
Administrator

on: July 02, 2004, 10:29:00 AM

and

Marlon Brando.

sigh.

What's really fucked up is just this morning, for the first time in 2 years, I watched the entire Godfather trilogy - starting almost exactly at the moment he died. No, I didn't know til now.

You'll be missed you gummy, tubby loon.
WayAbvPar

Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 11:09:01 AM

RIP, Don Corleone.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Alluvian
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 11:25:38 AM

Quote from: schild

You'll be missed you gummy, tubby loon.

Now that would make a touching epitaph.  I am tearing up already...
Best.  Eugoogly.  Ever.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 05:03:12 PM

The greatest actor ever. Well, in my opinion, at least. I wish I could have met him. If it wasn't him that directly influenced actors in later generations, then it was his followers (Like Dean, Newman, DeNiro, Pacino, Hoffman, Streep, Nicholson, or Depp). Screen acting would still be merely presentational, stuck in a world of cliches and gimmicks if it wasn't for Marlon Brando.

The funny thing about it is that he didn't even give a shit -- That "acting" was a poor excuse for an art, that all he really was was a "good liar". It sickened him to get paid for that, and it sickened him that he accepted payment (a big reason why he just became idle and bloated up the past 30 years). He stopped caring a long time ago, but even then he'll always be my favorite.
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 09:44:50 AM

I guess this means no movie about native americans.

and his best work was Guys N Dolls. I dare you to argue against.

unbannable
Lanei
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 10:43:41 AM

I thought he was really good in 'A Streetcar Named Desire' too.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 11:09:01 AM

Quote from: Arcadian Del Sol
I guess this means no movie about native americans.

and his best work was Guys N Dolls. I dare you to argue against.

I hope you mean the "acting" parts, because his songs were heavily edited, patched pieces of his good takes. Which were then lip-synced for film. He admitted to being a terrible singer, but even if he wasn't, it still wouldn't be one of my favorites...But that's only because I absolutely detest musicals. Since it's Sinatra and Brando though, I guess that's about as cool as a musical can get.

Personally, I think his best was either On the Waterfront or Last Tango in Paris.

As for Native American movies, Johnny Depp directed one about 10 years ago called "the Brave" with Brando in it (wasn't widely released though). It was about Native Americans, but more about poverty/tragedy in general. Brando was barely in it, but that's about the closest it ever came I guess. Still, it's a great film if you can find it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 04:28:37 AM

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Ronald Reagan, Ray Charles....  
Jump to: