Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:31:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: I pizzown at teh l33t RPVP. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I pizzown at teh l33t RPVP.  (Read 6567 times)
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

on: July 15, 2006, 10:23:33 PM

Just a random post, me and a friend just 0wnz0red these two schmucks in a roleplay PVP fight on a regular EA shard.  Was one of those dealies where everyone is on foot and uses only GM armor and weapons.  Me and another warrior against a warrior and a mage.  I maced the mage's face in right before she could finish my redlined friend, then disarmed the warrior and ran him off while my friend lagged to shit.  (Her connection sucks hardcore ass.)  The remaining guy cancelled the guild war before we could finish him off, the big pussy.  But making him puss out so visibly is at least as good as killing him, so what the hell.

Totally insignifigant encounter, really.  But I very rarely PVP and this was fun.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 01:12:21 PM

That sounded like a fun as hell fight :).  Grats on winning the fight and whooping their ass!

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 05:48:17 PM

Those are always the funnest fights, when it's close but you win.

BTW, the current UO code lets you cancel a guild war mid-fight?  That sounds sort of obviously exploitable.

Witty banter not included.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 09:21:52 PM

BTW, the current UO code lets you cancel a guild war mid-fight?  That sounds sort of obviously exploitable.

No, it's strategerey!

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 09:29:22 PM

In Guild Wars' Jade Quarry, your team must mine 10 jade to win.  My team, the Luxons, were down 4 to 8 with only yellow quarry. Realiziing that that Kurziks were on the verge of winning, I asked my team to kill all the Juggernauts to prevent them from mining any more jade to win.  Usually when you ask people to stuff in the arena, they ignore you.  But amazingly they did it and eventually even grabed green quarry.  While they were doing this, I repelled many waves of attacks on the yellow quarry ensuring that we would slowly gain points.  Finally, the yellow quarry was down to one npc and if it died the the quarry would change hands. But moments before it was killed, our team scored our 10th peice of jade. We had turned a huge defeat into an amazing come from behind, 10 to 8 win.

"Me am play gods"
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 09:41:15 PM

In Guild Wars' Jade Quarry, your team must mine 10 jade to win.  My team, the Luxons, were down 4 to 8 with only yellow quarry. Realiziing that that Kurziks were on the verge of winning, I asked my team to kill all the Juggernauts to prevent them from mining any more jade to win.  Usually when you ask people to stuff in the arena, they ignore you.  But amazingly they did it and eventually even grabed green quarry.  While they were doing this, I repelled many waves of attacks on the yellow quarry ensuring that we would slowly gain points.  Finally, the yellow quarry was down to one npc and if it died the the quarry would change hands. But moments before it was killed, our team scored our 10th peice of jade. We had turned a huge defeat into an amazing come from behind, 10 to 8 win.

What?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 10:32:42 PM

No, it's strategerey!

Guild wars are just a consentual PVP system with no real meaning beyond e-peen, co-opted by roleplayers to allow them to fight in Trammel without being open to attack from any old d00d who cares to r0xx0r.  It's possible to either set specific victory conditions in terms of time limits and kills, or to let the war go on endlessly.  A guild which terminates a war before victory conditions have been met (or ever, if it's endless) is counted as having surrendered, with the results supposedly stored on a page somewhere.

So yeah, if the dude wants to hit his "surrender" button to keep us from hurting him anymore, fine.  We win.  He can't re-establish the war without our specific acceptance, so it's not like he's going to ambush us later.

Anyway, the way it's done on my shard is to have all affiliated RP guilds declare endless wars against each other, to create a limited community within which everyone can attack everyone else.  Not because everyone's a warmonger, but to keep things sane and avoid power-emoting bullshit.  If you walk into the tavern and loudly declare yourself the greatest warrior who has ever lived, someone just might ask you outside to prove it.  If the people roleplaying town guards take exception to your brawling, they have the option of laying the smackdown if you don't cut it out.  And so on.

Here's some screenshots from a week or so back, of an actual organized war on my shard:

It's fun shit.  Beats the hell out of raiding for an uber-helmet.

Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 07:26:20 AM

That's on the OSI/EA shards right?

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 07:30:54 AM

"Me am play gods"
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 09:02:41 AM

Ah, I had a feeling that had to do with Guild Wars.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 09:04:56 AM

I was so moved by WUA's PvP story, I thought I'd share my own.

"Me am play gods"
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 09:08:40 AM

I see no problems w/ that  :-D

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 11:20:13 AM

That's on the OSI/EA shards right?

Yes, Europa.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Ultima Online  |  Topic: I pizzown at teh l33t RPVP.  
Jump to: