Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:41:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Alliance tourney on EVE Tv 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Alliance tourney on EVE Tv  (Read 2529 times)
Wolf
Terracotta Army

on: July 15, 2006, 08:15:13 AM

wasn't even aware there was EVE TV till now. They're airing the alliance tourney atm, they even got a studio with commentary and whatnot. I'm honestly impressed - http://www.eve-online.com/evetv/

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 02:29:07 PM

I tried watching it but site was throttled.  And then down for a bit.  I'm sure it rokked tho.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 01:43:26 PM

EVE TV is still on btw, for those of you interested. Watching the last round of fights before semi-finals.

Got to see Red Skull vs POS - very interesting to watch folks engage in PVP while not at risk yourself.  :-D I saw Goon Swarm against someone else - apparently goon swarm didn't have enough ships so they had 2 shuttles and a noob ship (and some others) in their match.

They've added some nodes for video feeds in the US that seem to work fine. Audio is quiet but good. The commentary is interesting, as they notice things I wouldn't notice (torps vs cruise missiles, armor transfers vs shield transfers, etc).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 01:45:29 PM by Viin »

- Viin
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 01:00:19 AM

I saw Goon Swarm against someone else - apparently goon swarm didn't have enough ships so they had 2 shuttles and a noob ship (and some others) in their match.

We knew we couldn't possibly go forward even if we won the match so decided to have a little fun.  Expanded out our ships then loaded them with shuttles or rookie ships, ejected soon as the fight started, boarded our comedy ships and attempted to bump the GMs.  I died almost instantly but some of the other guys lasted quite a while.  The commentators didn't know what the fuck was going on but seemed amused and a good time was had by all.  :-D
Cougar
Developers

Mythic Entertainment

Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 12:00:32 PM

I saw Goon Swarm against someone else - apparently goon swarm didn't have enough ships so they had 2 shuttles and a noob ship (and some others) in their match.

We knew we couldn't possibly go forward even if we won the match so decided to have a little fun.  Expanded out our ships then loaded them with shuttles or rookie ships, ejected soon as the fight started, boarded our comedy ships and attempted to bump the GMs.  I died almost instantly but some of the other guys lasted quite a while.  The commentators didn't know what the fuck was going on but seemed amused and a good time was had by all.  :-D

Ah ha! So that's how you guys got 2 shuttles in there. It was a great tourney to fly in, even more enjoyable than at Christmas time (due to the Round Robin format)

~C~
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 09:22:24 AM

Finally watched some battles this weekend.  This was one of the coolest things I've seen in a while.  I enjoyed people wrecking the hell out of ships I only hear about.  Also, FWIW I thought the commentary was first rate. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: Alliance tourney on EVE Tv  
Jump to: