Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:12:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Apparently I Signed Up For the Dragon Raja Mailing List 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Apparently I Signed Up For the Dragon Raja Mailing List  (Read 6431 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: July 15, 2006, 05:55:45 AM

Apparently I Signed Up For the Dragon Raja Mailing List

So, I got 8 pieces of spam in the last hour and one piece of real mail. Being a Saturday I certainly didn't expect it to be about a game, let alone  a (new?) game. Apparently there's this microtransaction based MMOG called Dragon Raja. I haven't signed up, I haven't played it, and I most certainly haven't been able to navigate my way to screenshots on their web page. But, I know some of you absolutely love playing new and obscure MMOGs with 99 levels of grinding. Click on the "Getting Started" instructions to be taken to the webpage.

Don't say I never gave you anything.
schild
Administrator

Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 06:01:57 AM

Fook mi, had I found the screenshots before I made that post, I'd have closed the window immediately.

Are those fucking cheeseburgers I see down there? By the way, the guys name is Whore. Awesome.
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 09:17:40 AM

Whore party?
0814 ok

0814 has made party with me.
You made party with 0814.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Slyfeind
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 07:31:14 PM

You have a hurling skill with cheeseburgers. ROCK ON!

I wonder how many of these MMO things the market can hold. They just keep cranking them out.

"Role playing in an MMO is more like an open orchestra with no conductor, anyone of any skill level can walk in at any time, and everyone brings their own instrument and plays whatever song they want.  Then toss PvP into the mix and things REALLY get ugly!" -Count Nerfedalot
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 09:03:37 AM

the pit it is bottomless
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 12:55:49 PM

Maybe I'm narrow-minded, but that game looks like its complete crap!  And if the lists they show on the website are true there seem to be a ton of people that play it too.  I don't even see anything appealing about it.  Things like crafting/houses/whatever (maybe I skimmed the website too fast and missed it).

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
schild
Administrator

Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 01:27:48 PM

Don't you play UO? How do you gauge what level of crap something is by "looks?"
Chinchilla
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 01:20:40 PM

Don't you play UO? How do you gauge what level of crap something is by "looks?"

I was waiting for that comment.  At least UO (the old style, I dont' know about the new shit) has more depth to it.  Housing, crafting system (better than most other "modern" games out there), its not item based but skill based, not limited on PvP.  Sure the graphics aren't EQ or EQ2, but it sure is better than that Dragon whatItsNameIs game.  Its hard to tell even from screenshots what's your character or a mob (only guess is there are multiples of the mobs).

Most games no-a-days have limited PvP AND its about who has the "best" loot.  Some of the best gear in old style UO (which is what I play) is crafted stuff.

Chinchila - LaRoche Server, APB
Drahcir - 50 Captain/GM Weaponsmith, LoTRO Silverlode (Retired)
St Drahcir - 7xMage, UO Chesapeake (Retired)
Chinchilla Dakilla - Barbarian R50, Shadowbane (Retired)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Apparently I Signed Up For the Dragon Raja Mailing List  
Jump to: