Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:00:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 07/12/2006 - The Ship Online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 07/12/2006 - The Ship Online  (Read 14339 times)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #35 on: July 18, 2006, 07:54:03 PM

Good, that should help then.
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #36 on: July 18, 2006, 10:23:58 PM

All this talk makes me want it. Do you know if it's a steam only release?
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: July 18, 2006, 10:33:11 PM

Is it still a laggy, buggy piece of shit?

Considering how well Counterstrike runs, the aforementioned fact of the release bugs the hell out of me.
Yoru

Reply #38 on: July 19, 2006, 01:35:35 AM

Considering how well Counterstrike runs, the aforementioned fact of the release bugs the hell out of me.

Haven't tried, but I surmise so. This may be due to my average CS:S ping being 30 whereas my average Ship ping is 120.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: July 19, 2006, 04:35:46 AM

It's a bit laggy - but not so much as to break gameplay.

Everyone moves slow enough that aiming is not hard.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #40 on: July 19, 2006, 08:46:45 AM

They fixed a bunch of bugs with their latest patch, but they introduced one very annoying one that causes player's names to be replaced with "ERRORNAME" in server messages.  I'd give it a little time.

And yeah, I think it might be a Steam-only release.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #41 on: July 20, 2006, 08:59:27 PM

Sounds interesting.  I should load steam up and finish HL2 though.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #42 on: July 20, 2006, 09:19:30 PM

Heh...same.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #43 on: July 21, 2006, 08:27:15 AM

Not to derail, but you should also both play Episode 1.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #44 on: July 21, 2006, 10:08:31 PM

Gotta finish hl2 first.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #45 on: July 22, 2006, 08:25:58 PM

As an aside, I loaded TFC back up and got some time in on a few maps.

Ah, the fun of hiding that damn sniper dot, headshotting HW users, and blasting conc-jumping medics out of the air.  evil

Maybe tomarrow I'll try being a spy again...

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #46 on: August 02, 2006, 05:32:37 PM

Couple patches came out, is it playable now?
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #47 on: August 02, 2006, 06:22:40 PM

It's gotten better.  Could you always perform the default action on something by left-clicking it?  If so, I'm a doofus, because I've been using the radial menus this whole time and getting very frustrated with them.  If not, HUGE improvement.  HUGE.

Yoru

Reply #48 on: August 02, 2006, 08:27:55 PM

It's gotten better.  Could you always perform the default action on something by left-clicking it?  If so, I'm a doofus, because I've been using the radial menus this whole time and getting very frustrated with them.  If not, HUGE improvement.  HUGE.

That's been in since launch, but the icon is delayed sometimes.

I'm of mixed opinions on the new patches due to the significantly decreased witness timer. Far too much CYA clustering.

Of course, that does make the guns a lot more valuable, provided your aim is good.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #49 on: August 02, 2006, 10:20:58 PM

I'm of mixed opinions on the new patches due to the significantly decreased witness timer. Far too much CYA clustering.

Of course, that does make the guns a lot more valuable, provided your aim is good.

In the beta version there was no timer at all - if someone who's not your target sees you with a weapon, off to the brig you go.  It could be frustrating sometimes, but overall I prefer having to take more care with the killing.  Having to inconspicuously stalk your victim for five minutes is half the fun.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: 07/12/2006 - The Ship Online  
Jump to: